The best place to live and why

by Doubtfully Yours 25 Replies latest social current

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

For me: Texas is the best and only place to live. We have deserts, mountains, forests, hills, and prairie. For each there is something, and for each there is everything.

I was born in Colorado, but I knew from a very young age I was born to be a Texan, just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I got here as fast as I could. Texas is *not* a place, it's a state of mind. I grew up in Colorado, and I loved it. Don't get me wrong, Colorado is a very beautiful place, no doubt. But there isn't anything SPECIAL about it, aside from the scenery. It has no "personality."

Texas has personality. Either you like it, or you don't. Texans are a special breed. They love their state, and are very proud of it. I've been to almost all of the 50 contiguous states, and the Texans are the friendliest bunch I've met. I used to hate them cuz it was "cool" in Colorado to hate the Texans. Now I know I was just jealous. I love this state and all the people in it. That's mostly the reason I would say that Texas is the best place in the whole world to live: the people are so great! Almost all the world blames the Texans for producing George Bush.. but also remember that we had the first woman governor, and that the Texans fought hard and long to make this our Southern border. This state is great.

I'd also like to thin about living in New Zealand. What a beautiful place.

Country Girl

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I have relatives, aunts & cousins, that live in Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens. It all seems crowded, big time traffic congested, dirty streets/sidewalks, lots of beggers/bums/hoodlums/hussies hanging out doing absolutely nothing, crime infested, lots of graffiti.

Gosh, aggggggghhhhh, I could go on forever about the undesirable NY features!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely horrible living conditions.

Sorry New Yorkers! Whenever I visit my relatives there I'm under medication to soothe my nerves and pain killers to help with the horrific headaches that environment gives me.

DY

• RR
    RR
    I have relatives, aunts & cousins, that live in Bronx .... It all seems crowded, big time traffic congested, dirty streets/sidewalks, lots of beggers/bums/hoodlums/hussies hanging out doing absolutely nothing, crime infested, lots of graffiti.

That's why I moved to Jersey! lol

RR

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Smart man, RR!

DY

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

For now, living in a smaller city in Indiana works for me. The cost of living here is very reasonable, and the crime rates are low. I don't worry about my kids walking to school or going out for a bike ride. I seldom lock my door when I go to the store, and seldom lock my truck when I get there. and the weather isn't too bad ... it's about 80 today & sunny, which is very comfortable for the middle of July.

Once the kids are grown, I want to move back to Florida, and I want to live on the coast again. I'm thinking St. Augustine or Pensacola would be good. They're not quite as hot & humid as inland cities like Orando. I like the beach.

• Farkel
    Farkel

San Diego. In winter, I've stood on the top of Mount Laguna (in San Diego County) in 10 inches of snow and looked down at the Pacific Ocean, seeing the Coronado Islands, Tijuana and to the North La Jolla and Del Mar. At the same time I saw orange groves with tons of oranges on the trees. People were down there playing volleyball on the beaches in 75 degree weather.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Farkel

• Richie
    Richie

I love San Diego! I have stayed there many months and it's truly a paradise. The best weather; in the summer it's not too hot but comfortable (not like Arizona where the temp can rise to 115), in the winter it's around 60-70F. You have all the attractions around you such as the possibility to ski, to hike, go to the beach, have plenty of great restaurants, wineries. Real estate is getting expensive (although not as expensive as San Francisco, gas prices are still too high there, but overall it's difficult to beat living there for sure!

Richie :*)

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Farkel,

I really liked what you described!!! Sounds like my kind of paradise!

All,

Really enjoy reading about the places where you all live.

DY

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ... RR

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

1. Australia

2. Australia

3. Australia

4. Australia

5. Australia

6. Australia