The best place to live and why

by Doubtfully Yours 25 Replies latest social current

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I believe New England, particularly southern New Hampshire, is the best place to live because...

1- Enjoy the 4 seasons.

2- Live free or die. Less taxes!

3- The mountains are just glorious!

4- The cost of living is moderate.

5- Way less 'Rednecks'!

I'm so nostalgic about New England today! But, what the heck, I'm stuck here in hot & humid Southwest Florida.

Tell me where you live or would like to live and the reasons why is a great place. PRETTY PLEASE!!!

DY

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Right here in a small village in the northwest of England is the best place to live. It's beautiful.

I went for a walk at lunchtime today. I saw a pair of wagtails playing in the barley, which is waving and whispering in the wind. The sun is warm and bright, the trees are green, the sky is blue.

Further on I put up a hen pheasant and four poults - silly birds, I would never have seen them if they had sat still. Sometimes you can see hares bounding across the fields, and always rabbits.

My doctor's surgery is a 25 minute gentle walk away, and everyone in my community has the right to treatment. My local pub is a 5 minute gentle stagger away, and they serve the best bitter in the world - Cains. Maybe while I am there I'll be offered a brace of pheasants or a couple of trout.

Yes, it's a bloody good life to be fairly well off in the UK, and I am proud to pay my taxes. In fact, I would be pleased to pay more for health and education.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Fe203Girl,

What you describe sounds gorgeous!!!

Feels so good to live in a place you like. I'm here because my immediate relatives so decided and I followed. I find myself often planning to go back up North alone, even if I don't follow through.

DY

• exjdub
    exjdub

DY,

I Pm'd you about NH. It is ironic that you are talking about this because we have company here in FL this week. We have friends (actually more like family than our family) down for the week from Wilton. They want to move to central Florida because thay just can't take the cold anymore. They said that the winters are bad enough, but the summer has been cold as well. Before they arrived on Saturday the evenings were gettin down into the 50's. The afternoons have not often been out of the 70's.

I do have to agree with one thing you mentioned: The mountains! I do miss them and hiked often when I used to live in NH. Regards,

exjdub

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

exjdub,

Adore those mountains!

I'm surprised more people haven't come forward about the enchantments of the place where they live!!!

DY

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Canada ... Sweden ... Mongolia ...

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Tell me more, tell me more, frenchbabyface!!!

DY

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

ok, ok, ok DY

Canada because they just have such nice landscape and nice people (everybody I know who went there were happy) It's just sad that I didn't find any time when I could to go there ... but I will for sure one day ... and if I can stay WOW ... I've also thought about ARIZONA (but no way now more than ever) I still like the place though.

Sweden because of their social ways ... they do good as I heard ... I need to check

Mongolia, because of the lanscapes also ... new world ... not messed up yet

maybe certainly lots of other places ... I'd like to hear about yours and your reasons of course

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Where I live now, Southwest Florida, is certainly beautiful, but the heat and humidity is a bit tough to take at times. Otherwise, the beaches and sunset/sunrises are just breath-takingly stunning!

About the place where I once lived and that I still would love to go back is Northeast USA, the New England area, particularly Southern New Hampshire. See my first post about it.

Be well, frenchbabyface, and all who participated in this thread for that matter.

DY

• RR
    RR

da South Bronx, baby! never a dull moment!

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit