Arab militias in Sudan are gang-raping and abducting girls

by Elsewhere 15 Replies latest social current

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

These despicable acts are happening in the southern region of Sudan. This region is inhabited by Christians. The Christian community has been aware of these atrocities since around 1993.

Thought it was odd that the newspapers omit this fact.

LABD

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I just learnt (on television) that the Sudan Government had convicted the Janjaweed according the Islam for there raping and murdering..

They are getting to loose each a hand and a foot.

Its the first time in Sudan that the Government actually convicted the Janjaweed.

Wonder when the first will be amputated.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    After Iraq and learning from the cold war, I have concluded that the only way to handle situations like this is to consider it an internal matter and stay out of the country. Have the media publicize the atrocities (embarrassing the leaders), offer aid, and do not enter unless they invite you. Let the people demand change. Let public outcry from the world compel the leaders to change.

If we enter, we are called invaders... if we do nothing... we are accused of ignoring the problem.

Blah.

Totally and completely different situations, and while "we" won't do anything, sadly (just like Rwanda, except maybe even less excusable), this one is something we actually could do some good with, if we weren't stretched to the limit both militarily and diplomatically (in the goodwill and trust dept).

I read an article on this today that said that Arab women associated with the janjashits were tagging along and singing and taunting as the rapes occur.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    Totally and completely different situations, and while "we" won't do anything, sadly (just like Rwanda, except maybe even less excusable), this one is something we actually could do some good with, if we weren't stretched to the limit both militarily and diplomatically (in the goodwill and trust dept).

Wouldn't this be a perfect place for the UN to become involved ?? Well, don't hold your breath, after all someone might get hurt or killed, so they don't have the stomach for it. Talk about your basic corrupt and useless organization !!!!!

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    They are getting to loose each a hand and a foot.

It should be hand, foot and nuts.

Any rapist should loose their ability to rape with his penis at least IMO. I realize there are many more ways in which to rape a woman or man but if this were the penality for rape perhaps more men would think and be less enraged( perhaps seek help) if this were the outcome. Again I know rape itself is not as simple as I make it sound but chemical castration should be used in every case of rape, if that does not work then snip the suckers.

Cassi

• Richie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit