If the far "left" are communist then the far "right" is...

by confusedjw 24 Replies latest social current

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well politic should get rid of sides : there is only "good", "bad" and "acceptable" regarding a situation and what we can do about it.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

French,

The division comes in defining "good" "bad" and "acceptable"

I say abortion is bad, you say it's acceptable...there's not much middle ground.

I think a tax cut is good, Kerry thinks raising taxes is good, where's the middle ground.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    Let's not forget about pillaging smaller countries

Like France

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

...laissez-faire capitalistic. Seperating economics from governing... you can have a communist democracy too. But somewhere along the way communism got associated with dictatorships.

• heathen
    heathen

I think yerusalyim may have a point . Where's the middle ground ? IMO the only true conservatives are the libertarians . I didn't know much about John Birch but that also sounds interesting . I think everytime someone gets elected we lose more rights and freedoms in this country . The constitution was a document of law that was created to protect the citizens from a totalitarian government and preserve the rights and freedoms but it just seems like the government becomes more and more totalitarian.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    The Vikings always choke under pressure.

hehehehe- YEP !!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    afraid of their own shadows. Frightened little sissies masquerading as tough.

no.... here in California they're the "Girlie-Men" Democrats (a breed unto themselves).... so says ARNOLD, our Governor.

• Badger
    Badger

far right is facist...more extremist you get, the more you want control of things to enforce your vision...because as the position becomes more and more extreme, the more alienating it becomes, and more likely to be rebelled against. Therefore, totalitarianism is the prime tool of facism and communism.

Socalism and Reaction is almost equally constrictive...so is Liberal and Conservative, for that matter... just two sides of the same control coin.

Moderates are probably the most free-thinking....

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Yeru : The division comes in defining "good" "bad" and "acceptable"

No ... division (to me) comes from sides (alienation to a side or somebody *)

Yeru : I say abortion is bad, you say it's acceptable...there's not much middle ground.

There is a middle ground : it is just not our choise if we are not concerned (acceptable)

Yeru : I think a tax cut is good, Kerry thinks raising taxes is good, where's the middle ground.

The middle ground is the real need to get what the citizens wants (not about how much taxes, but about what doing with the taxes)

For instance you don't care paying taxes for a service that may help you to save money in some other ways (that is just an example)

Eddited to add : (*) or to something

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I agree with French 100%

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit