by VM44 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

We'll, I had some pics of books, maybe you can see them direct:

http://fusiondesigngroup.50megs.com/pics/

1942 book "New World" & 1939 "Salvation" gave some great explanation

• RR
    RR

I have a copy of the deed to Beth Sarim, somewhere!

RR

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Thanks for all this guys, especially Farkel, I just read his original post about this from a few years ago.

I was reised in the truth and had never heard of Beth Sarim untill a few weeks ago.

Had to get out to find out about it.

Just makes me think about what other stuff I never heard about.

• TD
    TD

Beth Sarim and the Judge actually made Time magazine, March 31, 1930

• TD
    TD

In response to the original question:

This was from the December 15, 1947 issue of The Watchtower on page 382. There was only this one paragraph relevant to Beth Sarim

• onacruse
    onacruse

CDs containing .pdf (for the pre-20s, they are from the Watchtower reprints; for the 20s, they are .tiff) copies of all the Watchtowers up through 1949, as well as the vast majority of all the books for that same time period, are available from Research Applications Institute...RandyW hosts it at www.freeminds.org

edit to add: Also available are some pre-WTS books, and the "Presidential Papers" outlining (in fascinating detail) the struggles in the WTS after Rutherford grabbed power.

It wasn't like what the Divine Purpose and Proclaimers book say!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

From the Salvation book, page 311:

"The title to Beth-Sarim is vested in the Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society in trust, to be used by thke president of the Society and his assistants for the present, and thereafter to be for ever at the disposal of the aforementioned princes...the unbelievers have mocked concerning it and spoken contemptously of it, yet it stands there as a testimony to Jehovah's name..."

Yes, so much a testimony that many Jehovah's Witnesses have never even heard of it. What a scam!

• RR
    RR

They goofed, It's Joseph FRANKLIN and Federick

• r51785
    r51785

Hi VM,

I think the reason is explained in the book The New World which was published in 1942

• r51785
    r51785

The book The New World shows that the purpose of Beth Sarim was to give testimony to the world which would cause the religionists of that day to gnash their teeth. Most likely all the required teeth gnashing was finished by 1947 so they no longer needed the house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit