My mom is worried!!

by Junction-Guy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SwampThing
    SwampThing

Hey JG,

I just realized that you are a fellow Tennessean. Do you mind saying which city you are in?

Thanks,

Swamp Thing

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

David:

I think that if you feel so compelled to do this picketing, well, then, by all means you should go ahead. But as a Mother, too, and as your friend, I would also be worried. Is being unemployed going to help your health any more? Please keep that in mind... I think your Mom brings up some very valid points. If you do decide to do it, and I have no doubt that you will, please obey the law in all ways so that you don't have any possibility of being arrested. An arrest could ruin future plans you may have.

Is your Sherrif against this at all? Have you talked with him/her about the political implications of this? I know that some departments are very persnickety about activism in any form. It is very much your right to demonstrate in a peaceful manner, but you should really check out the legalities of it and try to stay within the guidelines. Please say you will.

Your friend,

Country Girl

• new light
    new light

Have a blast, JG! This is just a gut feeling, but I would be really surprised if you were to be arrested, considering the target of your protest. It's not like you are protesting the war in Iraq or a political figure. You are picketing a destructive sect, one that is known to stand against the government. Most people do not agree with, and some people loathe, the JW organization. In all likelihood, the cops will look the other way as long as things remain civil. Care to share any of your sign ideas?

• JT
    JT

The j-dubs are TOLD to ignore picketers, anyway. However, that won't prevent you from being the old proverbial "thorn in their side" ... hehehe!

#######

rarely do jw veiw such persons as a thorn in the side, instead they veiw such persons as a CONFIRMATION that they have the truth, such direct frontal attacks have very little effect on members of a high control group-

i usually only provides the protester with some sense of accomplishment or good feeling-

any good speaker on the problem esp if they have some bethel speakers down, would ver from the outline for a moment, can't do it on the manuscript, but he can do it when speaking from the outline

talk about some gnashing of the teeth, trying to draw others after them and how they leave us YET THEY STILL WANT TO BE WITH US- instead of moving on with their life, , since typical former jw protesters dont protest with a SMILE ON thier face, the speaker will point out LOOK- HOW ANGRY or sad THEY ARE, FOAMING AT THE MOUTh , SHOUTING out at their former bros

if the postester just stand there holding a sign or passing out tracts he would say: they say they want freedom and don't want to do field service yet they are doing Street corner witneesing right now just on the wrong side of the issue and will get no reward-

and a good speaker would take a Protester like this person here and make him the POSTER CHILD of why not to leave the org

so during lunch or at the end of the day, the jw will leave MORE RESOLVED THAN ever to remain faithful to jehovah's visible organization- smile

beyond making the actual protester feel good and wasting a great sat where he could be at the beach working on his tan or getting his putting green scores improved very little is accomplished on the jw side

the best way to deal wtih jw in my view is to live a successful life and be happy-

direct frontal attachs are not as effective - since the jw has been prepared for years by all the meetings, talks, drama, etc to EXPECT IT and when it happens they say

Man the Society was right, when they leave the org they come back to presucute us and draw followers after themseleves

just my 2

• Mary
    Mary

JG, I understand your need to 'get this off your chest', but instead of picketing (which won't get you much attention from the Dubs), what if you make a ton of flyers up and during the sessions, put them under the windshield wipers of all the Dubs cars in the parking lot?? As far as I know, there's absolutely nothing illegal about doing that as it happens to me all the time out at the shopping mall, and you never know how many that might be questioning things already, could take the flyer home and look up the website, if you posted one..........

Just my two cents worth. Tell your ma not to worry......you're not going to be arrested or go to jail for this.........

• minimus
    minimus

JG, Dave----PLEASE LISTEN TO JT! He has the experience......Get therapy if you need that too. But picketing is what JWs expect to see. Why confirm that you must resort to this. Perhaps a therapist could give you more effective ways to "feel better".....Just my thought.

• Ciara
    Ciara
    talk about some gnashing of the teeth, trying to draw others after them and how they leave us YET THEY STILL WANT TO BE WITH US- instead of moving on with their life, , since typical former jw protesters dont protest with a SMILE ON thier face, the speaker will point out LOOK- HOW ANGRY or sad THEY ARE, FOAMING AT THE MOUTh , SHOUTING out at their former bros

if the postester just stand there holding a sign or passing out tracts he would say: they say they want freedom and don't want to do field service yet they are doing Street corner witneesing right now just on the wrong side of the issue and will get no reward-

and a good speaker would take a Protester like this person here and make him the POSTER CHILD of why not to leave the org

so during lunch or at the end of the day, the jw will leave MORE RESOLVED THAN ever to remain faithful to jehovah's visible organization- smile

JT:

1. No one ever said that JG was going to go out and shake his fists and frown at them, and I just can't see him "foaming at the mouth" either. For one thing, that's quite silly. Also, I think JG is intelligent enough to draw the line at "the right to a peaceful protest". That's all we're talkin' about here.

2. "they don't want to do field service yet they are doing Street corner witneesing right now just on the wrong side of the issue and will get no reward- "

There is a big difference between preaching something that you don't believe in, and preaching something that is going to help you regain your inner peace.

3. People like JG that spoke out against the JW's are the ones that helped me start questioning my beliefs, and later to break away.

MadCiara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit