Elder visits after disassociating?

by davidsf 14 Replies latest jw friends

• davidsf
    davidsf

I heard that after a JW has been disfellowshipped, elders will still periodically visit the person, once a year?, to see if his situation has changed and might be interested in studying again.

My question is, what if a JW disassociated himself? Some elders I have been avoiding for 10+ years discovered where I live and tried to visit me. I didn't open the door after recognizing their voices. I sent them a formal disassociation letter and they seemed to have stopped trying to see me. Is that the end of the story or can I expect a visit next year?

thanks,

David

• shamus
    shamus

Hi David,

You can or cannot expect a visit... usually when you least expect it. They just ignorantly drop by.. you could be having dinner, cutting the lawn... entertaining real friends... they do love they're control.

They are supposed to visit once a year. Having said that, they usually do not. I have been out for aboot 7 years and they have only called on me once.

You will probably hear many similar stories like mine.

• davidsf
    davidsf

Well I'm going to be really mad if they visit because I told them in my disassociation letter to stop trying to see me. Is there anything I can do to have some "peace of mind" of not being bothered by them again? How about a police restraining order? Harassment is illegal, no?

David

• shamus
    shamus

Hey, David...

I don't have the answers that you want. What I would suggest though is to send them another letter, explain that you do not want them to ever stop by or contact you, and leave it at that. They will usually respect your wishes.

IMO, legal wranglings are a waste of time.

Some people here have had similar problems; wait for them to post. The board is pretty quiet this time of night.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Look, why are giving them so much power over you? They are just a bunch of confused, misguided, nit-witnesses. They have no real knowledge, just that crap they are fed by the WTS. Have fun with them if they are dumb enough to show up. Smile and welcome them in and tell them how proud you are that they have come to their right minds and see the foolishness of the WatchTower World, and offer to help with their deprogramming! They will run away as fast as they can! They are frightened, little idiots, make them fear you, not the other way around! Mav They won't even work my street!

• blondie
    blondie

You have to make them know you don't want to be called on or are "dangerous."

w91 4/15 p. 23 Imitate God?s Mercy Today
    In recent times there have been cases in which an elder happened to meet a disfellowshipped person. Where appropriate, the shepherd briefly outlined the steps to be taken for reinstatement. Some persons like this repented and were reinstated. Such joyful outcomes indicate that there may be disfellowshipped or disassociated ones who would respond to a merciful approach made by the shepherds. But how might the elders handle this matter? Once a year at most, the body of elders should consider whether there are such persons living in their territory. The elders would focus on those who have been expelled for over a year. According to the circumstances, if it is appropriate, they would assign two elders (hopefully ones familiar with the situation) to visit such an individual. No visit would be made on any who evidence a critical, dangerous attitude or who have made it known that they want no help.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

yea maverick idea is good. i like it alot and it does work they are scared crap to talk with me. but on the other foot a regestered noterized letter. to the hall telling them if they come to your house again will force you to go to family court and get a order of protection for them to keep away from you. this is very effective and you don't need a lawyer. just a day at the court house. the best part about an order of protection is once in force . is all you have to do is call the police and the person gets arrested. just the threat of this will make them back off. john

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

yes, David, I had been....once....thankfully I wasn't home....my roomate talked to them...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/72692/1.ashx

• simplesally
    simplesally

If they know you are still living a life contrary to their doctrines, they won't bother stopping by. Put a pot sticker on your front door just to remind them. Or hang a sign that says, I LOVE FORNICATING, on your porch.

• Special K
    Special K

Sally,

sometimes your just to quick witted for me.

hahahahahhahahahahahhaha... that's a riot!

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit