Running thru the Sprinklers

by simplesally 15 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Remember when that was so much fun? Your parents set it up on the lawn and you wore your bathing suits all day and ate popsicles, laid out to dry?

When was the last time you did that??

Answer: today! My daughter brings out the kid in me and she has me sticking my butt on top of the sprinkler. She was putting her foot over the sprinkler for a sec and then remove it so the sprinkler would shoot way high! Oh, MOMMMY, watch me! Put your head in, Mommy!!

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Ain't kids the greatest joy?

LABD of the father of two, class

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Awwww!!! That's cute!!!

I remember doing that!

*Kinks the hose until you look at the end.... *** Spash!!! *** *

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Where'd my post go?

• Princess
    Princess

It's great isn't it Sally? Last year we had a rather large wading pool out back and I was walking around in it while the kids were playing. Pretty soon I lost my footing and splash! got soaked in my clothes. The kids thought it was great fun.

This year they are both good swimmers so we hang out at the community pool a lot. They aren't too old for sprinklers yet though!

Rachel

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Last weekend, and there werent even any kids around aint it the best? What a fun mommy she has

• talesin
    talesin

That sounds like so much fun, Sally.

A friend of mine said the other day, they have a sprinkler that you put at the top of a pole, and it twirls around. So you can dance under it. That would be most excellent.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Talesin and Rachel, I saw a wading pool and you can attach your hose to it so it is like a fountain! I want to buy it but then I have to store it!

• Princess
    Princess

I had one of those Sally! Steve bought it for me when I was pregnant with my first. It was a hot summer and I'd come home from work and sit in the wading pool and read all afternoon. The next summer, Rhys used it! We had it for about four more summers and then we went for the bigger pools. It had a little slide too but I couldn't use it...belly too big.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I've always loved water in any way, shape, or form. My mother was the initiator of water fights. We used to have them all the time. It was funny as hell when water would be splashing through the house!

I think the last time I enjoyed anything like that was when we invited two kids from a JW family over. One of them was a total sucky-ass wimp. I was waiting on the back step with an ice cream pail full of water. He came running around the corner, and I drenched him. He started bawling his eyes out, and the water fight was immediately over.

I can't wait to move into my house. I'll have to remember to do this with my wife. We can be incredibly big kids!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit