Pedo Stats: 117-244-300-380 Victims in His Lifetime

by abbagail 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avishai
    avishai
    I think people first don't want to know about evil. People don't want to think about how dangerous a place the world really is or that they or their children can so easily be hurt. They want to believe their children are safe.

Bingo.

I've had so many people question me on stats, etc., etc., call me a liar, etc. Even after I've worked w/ these kids for damn near 15 years. No one wants to believe this exists. and that the molester is'nt going to look like Freddy Kreuger. He or She looks like everyone else.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    No one wants to believe this exists. and that the molester is'nt going to look like Freddy Kreuger. He or She looks like everyone else.

When I was a kid we used to be warned about men in coats at the park or on the street. No one ever said anything about "Uncle Bill" (yes I actually had an Uncle Bill abuser) or they warned us to stay away from the "funny uncle"

But that funny uncle was someone's brother/father/friend. And he was a danger to the kids. And NO ONE ever mentioned funny aunt's.

Weird thing with my mother is that she WAS warned about her step-father and when he tried something with her she was able to stop it. But she never warned me about fahters or stepfathers or uncles or friends of the family. It was always some stranger.

We know a lot more today than we did back then. Children are most in danger of people they know WELL and not from strangers.

Few parents tell their children the safe touch rules apply to ANYONE not just strangers. teachers, police officers, clergy, coaches, babysitters and sometimes - often - family.

My father and step father never met my girls. Iwanted to keep them safe and knew there is no way they would be safe around these men.

I also sat them down - with their father present - and gave them the talk more than once about sexual abuse and the dangers.

It is sad we have to do this but we live in a world filled with denial that these men will go on to repeat their offences until they are caught and then only as long as they are segregated from children.

Denial is a dangerous thing

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh and from the people I know abusers are doctors, lawyers, judges, teachers, plumbers, cops, clerks, the unemployed, etc. They are the guy or gal next door and often pillars of the community which is exactly why they get away with it for so long.

• avengers
    avengers

So how do you get these predators off the street?
    I would say this is a hard task.
    How would you feel knowing there is at least one
    person outthere and you know he has raped a child before:
    you don't have any proof to convict the guy, but he's so
    smart just to let me in on his escapades.
    It sickens me to the gut.
    The point is too that sociopaths are very, very clever.
    I posted about this before.
    Doesn't Silent Lambs have a database?
    Pinpoint a pedophile?
    Since I already pinpointed a pedophile and I'm about to
    pinpoint another, maybe the database can be made public
    for those that are trying to get these people off the street.
    It sure would be nice for me to know who is one
    in my neighborhood so I can bust his or her ass! (__|__)

I was just pondering on this. Any ideas to get these creatures
    out of society are absolutely welcome.

You "guys" do a lot of good research. Keep up the good work.

Andy.

• abbagail
    abbagail

LL, your ability to explain things so clearly is wonderful! Thanks for the detailed opinions on why some "don't want to know"... In our family I'd have to say that all four "reasons" applied!

#1 - People don't want to think about how dangerous a place the world really is or that they or their children can so easily be hurt.

This reminds me of a recent chat w/Mom unrelated to abuse, but about the world in general. She expressed concern about world events. I had the attitude of "What's the surprise? Jesus said the devil is the ruler of the world..." and Mom seemed so surprised! Like duh, where was her head during all my JW years? lol. I said it enough times back then. ;-)

#2 - ...when the worst does happen they prefer to think it wasn't that bad.

Bingo, this was my father's response when the pedo-uncle abuse came out in the open. Dear old Dad said the biggest myth of all: "You must have liked it or you would have said, No!" -- Grrrrrrrrrr.

#3 - ...people don't want to consider the possiblity that someone they know could hurt a child ... when it is someone close to them it brings to question what is wrong with them for trusting this person in the first place ... They would have to question themselves.

Double bingo. I think this is the main reason and would account for the #1 and #2 'attitudes.'

#4 - Fourth they have to question their failure to protect a child in their care.

This is most likely very true and one of those things parents would never admit out-loud or even to themselves. Too painful, I'm sure.

#5 - Ultimately, the child is sacrificed to denial, repression, and a refusal to put the interests of the child first.

A-M-E-N to THAT!

...between the ages of 8 - 11 yrs old I had 10 different abusers.

OMG, that is so beyond imagining! That sounds equivalent or worse to a gang rape all at once, and a child at that. You have my heartfelt admiration for keeping your sanity!

/G

• abbagail
    abbagail

I had emailed Andrew Vaachs' website back when I created this Topic, and here's the reply they sent re: pedo statistics:
    /G
    --------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:00:31 EDT
    To: xxxxx
    Subject: E-Mail from THE ZERO (The Official Website of Andrew Vachss)

Dear ...,

The statistics to which you refer -- i.e., the average number of victims per offender [Mr. Vachss distinguishes between "pedophilia," a state of mind, and *predatory* pedophilia, a conduct; see, e.g., "Sick" vs. "Evil"

• abbagail
    abbagail

I don't understand that 30-Minute Rule in order to edit... so here it is again... /g
    --------------

I had emailed Andrew Vaachs' website back when I created this Topic, and here's the reply they sent re: pedo statistics:
    /G
    --------------------

Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 11:00:31 EDT
    To: xxxxx
    Subject: E-Mail from THE ZERO (The Official Website of Andrew Vachss)

Dear ...,

The statistics to which you refer -- i.e., the average number of victims per offender [Mr. Vachss distinguishes between "pedophilia," a state of mind, and *predatory* pedophilia, a conduct; see, e.g., "Sick" vs. "Evil" http://www.vachss.com/av_dispatches/parade_071402.html ] -- are essentially the product of *self*-reporting ... see, e.g., the work of Groth, et al http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/428/428lect19.htm#PEDOPHILES .

As nothing *resembling* the number of individual victims you describe is necessary for prosecution, it would be extraordinary to see an indictment alleging such ... "only" a handful of victims would be more than enough for a life sentence in most jurisdictions. In addition to the work of Groth and his colleagues, you will find ample evidence for a very high number of victims per (predatory pedophile) offender in the Index to the Journal of Interpersonal Violence. And, for news accounts, we suggest a narrow-focused NEXIS search (your local librarian should be able to assist).

This message is being sent from a temporary address which is not set up to receive email. Any reply MUST be sent using the "Contact The Zero" form, located here https://w102.gs1447.com/vachss/contact.html .

Mr. Vachss does not have a personal email account. If you prefer more direct communication, please write to Mr. Vachss' office via regular mail. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
    Bruno
    website volunteer
    PROTECT! www.protect.org

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hi avengers:

Here's the link to Silentlambs' PINPOINT A PEDO online form:

http://www.silentlambs.org/personal_experiences/pinpoint.cfm

As to whether it will ever be made 'public,' hmmmm, that I dunno. Probably only if the court cases can ever get the names/databases into discovery...

Best of luck on your (_ _)-kicking endeavors! ;-)

-----------

And avishai, thanks for the validation from 'one who knows' from professional experience. It must 'get your goat' but good when the 'ostriches' refuse to believe and/or call you a liar re: stats. Nerves of steel, I would think, would be required. I couldn't handle it, that's for sure. I'd want to clobber those numbskulls. :-/
    /G

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit