Trinity

by XBEHERE 15 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I still dont believe in the trinity doctrine completely. Lately though I have been reading other translations and listening to Ex-JW testimonials online. Granted most of these testimonials are from Ex-JW, Born Again Christians. Anyway I am starting to really think that Jesus Christ could be almighty god. I mean the NWT was so blatantly mis-translated to remove any incling of the diety of christ. I think there is something to it.

Even some of the stuff they left in the NWT indicates that Jesus is more than they say he is. Examples from NWT:

(John 2:19-22) 19

In answer Jesus said to them: "Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up." 20 Therefore the Jews said: "This temple was built in forty-six years, and will you raise it up in three days?" 21 But he was talking about the temple of his body. 22 When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples called to mind that he used to say this; and they believed the Scripture and the saying that Jesus said.

Why didnt Jesus just say, Jehovah will raise it up? Who ressurected Jesus?

(John 20:26-29) 26

Well, eight days later his disciples were again indoors, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and he stood in their midst and said: "May YOU have peace." 27 Next he said to Thomas: "Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop being unbelieving but become believing." 28 In answer Thomas said to him: "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him: "Because you have seen me have you believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe."

Doesnt the bible speak of only one god? Why does the WT call Jesus a god?

w92 1/15 p. 23 What Do the Scriptures Say About "the Divinity of Christ"? ***

Addressing the resurrected Jesus, the apostle Thomas exclaimed: "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28) This and other accounts were "written down that [we] may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God." And Thomas was not contradicting Jesus, who had sent His disciples the message: "I am ascending to . . . my God and your God." (John 20:17, 30, 31) So Thomas did not think that Jesus was Almighty God. Thomas may have addressed Jesus as "my God" in the sense of Christ?s being "a god," though not "the only true God." (John 1:1; 17:1-3) Or by saying "my God," Thomas may have been acknowledging Jesus as God?s Spokesman and Representative, even as others addressed an angelic messenger as though he were Jehovah.

What a ridiculous explanation? If even angels in the bible did not want worship and said so why didnt Jesus correct Thomas instead of commending him?

There are more but I dont want to bore you. What do you think? I am struggling with this everytime I go to the meetings and hear the speakers talk about Jesus.

• cct1106
    cct1106

The Trinity I do not believe. It is said in the scriptures: The Father (which is Jehovah God) The Son (which is Jesus Christ) and The Holy Spirit (which is God's Active Force). The spirit is not a person. I enjoyed your posting immensely.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Does anyone hate when ignorant posters bash "the watchtowers teachings" but don't acknowlege that they predate the wts by thousands of years in some cases.

The reason is because it would be like saying. The jews believed in the oneness of the father the son and the holy spirit. Yet jews still exist today. So seemingly you can ask a real live jew are the father the son and the holy spirit are one. They will say "no". So how can anyone argue the trinity is a "bible" based belief when the people that wrote the "bible" don't believe it?

• Gordy
    Gordy
    Jhn 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
    Jhn 2:20 The Jews then said, "It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"
    Jhn 2:21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus {as} Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

So which raised Jesus according to John Jesus said it would be Himself. According to Romans 10 God raised Jesus. According to Romans 8 the Holy Spirit raised Jesus.

Either three separate beings had a hand in it or it was just the one.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Gordy the awnser is they dont agree on who raised Jesus, and don't know.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I'm confused about the Trinity also and my scripture I like to use is John 1:1. In the beginning was THE WORD, and THE WORD was WITH GOD, and THE WORD WAS A GOD..(as it reads in NWt)..so my question is if THE WORD is supposed to be JESUS...and this scripture is saying he was A GOD...how does this go along with other scriptures that says Jehovah is the ONLY TRUE GOD????

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Then he could be a false god, or John believed he was god.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Are you looking for confirmation of your beliefs or the possiblility of a different paradigm? If the latter, I'd be happy to offer one.

carmel

• chappy
    chappy

The Bible isn't really specific about the trinity.. A good argument can be made for and against the doctrine. What really bothers me is how religions on all sides condem anyone to hell or eternal damnation if you don't see things the way they do. How can anyone in their right mind think that the Creator of the universe hangs around worrying and taking notes about the way us lowly humans comprehend His makeup? Does it really matter to Him how He is pictured by us, just as long as we understand His charactoristics like love, wisdom, justice etc? The trinity, the rapture, a world-wide flood, how long it took to build the universe, if Mary was really a virgin, etc. etc. are nothing but religion attempting to control us poor dumb lay-people. These doctrines are interesting and worthy of research and discussion but I don't think getting all the details just right determines our everlasting future and relationship with our Maker.

chappy

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I am an ex-JW Christian and I haven't accepted a Trinity yet. Yes, there are other Christians who believe I am not saved because I haven't done so.

My primary focus is on the simple things as Jesus outlined in the Gospels.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit