How many near death scary stuff happened to you?

by kls 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• kls
    kls

Did you ever think that you should have died. I mean like scary stuff that happened to you and wonder why you are still here

I have had so many but the one's that stick out of my mind are ,when i took my son ( who was 16 at the time ) for a drive in my 1968 charger, when i heard a pop, i was going up a hill and all of a sudden flames started to shoot out of the hood. I pulled over to the side of the road and my son quickly unbelted himself and i pushed him out of the car door, as i tried to get my belt opened it jammed and the flames were getting higher and hotter. My son ran over to me and also tried to undo my belt but the car was up hill and in some what of a ditch and on a angle, finally after only a few minutes my son got me out and i was able to call for help.

There is more but you get the idea.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Wow! I can't think of anything off the top of my head, but I am interested in hearing others' experiences.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

kls

I think you should walk or take public transport

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Just about an hour ago I flipped my car completely, like some stuff out of the movies. Its totaled but I made it through rather unscathed. I could very well have been killed... damn, only about an hour or two ago. Kansas District Overbeer

• kls
    kls

Pr-capone, i just read your post of the accident, what an odd thing that i would post this the same day.

• jaredg
    jaredg

one time i was at this party while i was in college. the keg was up on the 2nd story porch and was packed with people. i was in the lawn and i had to pee. a friend of mine said he peed under the porch...it seemed like a good idea. i started heading over to the porch when i saw another friend of mine so i stopped to chat. about 20 secs later while we were chatting the whole porch colapsed. some people got hurt pretty bad. if i hadn't seen my friend i would have been under the porch with my dick in hand when the porch fell. the rest of the night seemed really weird as i contemplated how i was so close to dying that night.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Once I wiped out on my motorcycle taking an on-ramp at 80 MPH. normally I made it at that speed but this time there was some sand on the road and I skidded. The front wheel hit the curb and the bike and I flew through the air and landed on the grass. I wasn't hurt, but pretty shaken up.

Another time I was walking down the street in broad daylight when someone took a shot at me from the window of a passing car. He missed.

The last time was when I was getting some minor knee surgery. As I was going under I stopped breathing. I'm not sure if that's normal or not, but it scared me a bit. I heard an alarm or something go off and the O/R staff go into what sounded like a panic to me. They jammed something down my throat, I assume to give me air. When I woke up my chest hurt so bad, like someone had put the boots to me or something. But the doc later denied that anything unusual happened.

Walter

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Brutal unrelenting ulcerative colitis for 28 years.It was sooo bad that I would get through each day,by consoling myself i can always die tommorow.

That's pretty bad.The only thing worse than an adolescent boy with ulcerative colitis is a girl with same.

Was a JW the whole time,and told that my problem was self-inflicted cause I didn't trust in jehover enough.

ASS"WHOLES"!

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

I recently found out I am a Diabetic. I passed out about 3 months ago ....and saw the tunnel and light. ..felt a floating feeling and then zap !! suddenly I was awakened by my wifes panicky voice as she was trying to revive me. To say the least my experiance was probably Hollywood inspired because it was a little too movie like and I had seen documenteries about this before. So no doubt it was just some or other brain trigger image..so No I don't believe I died I just suffered a momentary "pause".

Nadsam

• RR
    RR

At least three times aweekfor 12 years. Those were the years I was a JW going to and from the Kingdom Hall.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit