Aug 1 WT says Rutherford "Strong yet Humble"

by trumangirl 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    What they are saying is that what he taught and what the WTS now teaches are two totally different things.

Ironically, they are glorifying what is now considered apostate

Good point elsewhere...

This is one of my latest points of argument. When I was being "counseled" by elders they were presenting me with articles from old WTs as if they were the lawbooks. But when looking up the articles I found old light articles surrounding them. So how did I know they were not old light too? So if this is the case then old light now equals apostasy....Then... old Watchtower articles should also be considered apostate literature. Better warn the JWs about this one!

Or, wait--does that make me an apostate?

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Hmmm...and all this time I thought he was just a power-hungry, ruthless a-hole who hid behind the bible to solidify his own power. Glad they set me straight on that one.....

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I just had a look at one of Norman Hovland's letters to the WTS in 1993: http://home.c2i.net/norman/GOV2.htm

He wrote back then:

We are thinking of the article about how important it is to be humble. Especially did your examples of humble persons in the Watchtower organizations history bring us much amusement and laughter. Choosing J. F. Rutherford as an example of a humble person, show that you really must have big problems finding any candidates. It's much like, if the Italians should search their history for humble persons and come up with Mussolini as their most illuminating example. You would probably agree that the first sign of a really humble person would be that he formed a religious opinion, then went on and lambasted every person that disagreed with him by calling them evil, false, servants of the devil etc., condemning them to eternal death for not sharing his view's.
    So, there is nothing new under the sun...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit