Do you believe in God?

by XBEHERE 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

Yes, I do struggle with belief in God. I do not know what to believe anymore. I have the hardest time understanding why there is so much suffering in the world. The JWs answer of (universal soverignty) just doesn't cut it with me. That makes no sense. I could never let my child suffer just for the sake of others watching and wondering what I will do.

I no longer pray and I have no desire to look into other religions to "define" god for me.

Purza

• rem
    rem

What are the chances that you even exist? All of the contingencies that had to take place since the start of time for your parent's particular gametes to combine to form you. You're a freaking miracle! Some intelligent being must have done it.

[/sarcasm] :)

rem

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Yes I struggle with these questions. I love nature, and humans, and human behavior, and also the undeniable proof of evolution. I believe evolution is a part of creation. Sometimes I think about the smallest things, and the Earth's balance, and all the factors that go in to keeping teh Earth balanced. It blows my mind. It only makes sense that there would HAVE to be a higher power, or powers behind existance. However when it comes down to religion, I cannot, in the most honest part of me believe that if there is just one god in a Westernized sense, that he could possibly put his support behind just one religion. What of the many faiths in the Asian society?

Wouldnt a singluar god who demands such devoted worship, according to the biblical god, understand, and make allowances for the evolution of our human society and the many many changes in religions and in forms of worship? Religion in my eyes is alot like the racial makeup of the United States, it's very difficult to find someone who is a "pure" race here anymore. Everyone is mixed with all kinds of things. It's difficult to find a "pure" religion.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

p.s. Purza pretty much summed up my sentiments

I no longer pray and I have no desire to look into other religions to "define" god for me

I'm a big believer in energy. Energy is something that is solid

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

I find it amazing that in a billion years common dirt can become intelligent.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Swimming in the ocean, we seek the sea.

Why "believe" in a god, when our Source is here, now.

When all beliefs, concepts and judgments which make up the "me" are absent, there is Life, there is this exquisite moment of existence without border or separation, and deeper still -- there is silent, pristine vastness from which all arises.

When all this is here so close that It looks out your eyes even now -- who needs a tiny little god and a confining religion?

There is "suffering in the word" because we do not see and identify with the boundless truth of our being, and our oneness with all things; and instead identify with the fear-full and tragic story of a tiny and broken me defending itself from the rest of the universe. Lost in this story we murder, rape and go to war in futile attempts to fill the haunting sense of incompleteness.

Am I this fragile little entity? Is it really, really true? Or is there a far more expansive truth that awaits within?

Few travel the inner road of investigation, for there is much hidden fear; and rightly so, for it requires one to die; to die to the suffering and broken entity we have for so long believed ourself to be.

j

• kls
    kls

I am not sure what i believe anymore. If there is one he keeps loosing my address.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I found belief isn't necessary, in God or anything else.

There are more and more people waking up to the fact that it's not about religion or beliefs. While it may be that these people come from different kinds of religious traditions, they know better than to take the PC view of 'all paths leads to the same place'. Rather than an assumption that there is good in all religions, it is more like they are all only religion.

Quite simply, any such struggle is a struggle with your own mind, a struggle over a concept, a belief. If you read or hear the answer "yes I do" or "no I don't", that only tells you what someone thinks, but who or what thinks that is another story. As JWs we had the saying of making the truth your own, well just who is it that makes this "truth" your own? If that one is performing this activity of making it your own, doesn't it make sense to find out about the one that actually does that?? In other words, who were you before you made this JW truth your own identity, before you made anything your identity?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

No.

I have thought about this so long and so deeply.

t'sallgoodnow - drop me a private emial. Or I'll contact you.

I totally agree. It is all good now.

S4

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

nope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit