Do you believe in God?

by XBEHERE 30 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

After reading the WT for last week's lesson on God's creative works I couldnt help but think that there really is a god, there has to be. I dont want to start a creation vs. evolution debate but you have to agree that its an extremely remote chance that the whole universe, the planets, stars, the sun, the earth, the animals, humans came about by accident. I mean, what the chances really. This is what I struggle with contemplating leaving the WT... what else do I believe in? Why are we here? Where do we go after death? Do we still need to worship god? If so how do we do it?

Anyone else struggle with this upon leaving? Anyone still struggle with those questions?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    Anyone else struggle with this upon leaving? Anyone still struggle with those questions?

Yes and Yes.

How the hell could the eyeball evolve or the hole in the heart of a baby heal in the 30 seconds needed to start breathing and pumping blood on it's own.

How could a God that smart tolerate any religion I have seen?

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I do believe in God, a Loving one. That's why I left the WTBS.

The questions you ask are exactly the same questions many other people have. That's the hook the WTBS and other cults use to get people into their organizations.

The best way for you to get the answers is to read the Bible without the use of outside Books and Magazines.

• desib77
    desib77

I don't know what I believe.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

There are higher powers which mankind do not understand. I'm convinced of it.

DY

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

For the longest time after I left the Borg, I didn't know what to believe. I din't know if there was a God, since the only God I knew was JEEEEEE-hovah. One thing I did realize after a while was that I had a negative view of God that was based on my J-Dub upbringing. I needed to look into the other religions, and see if there was some truth out there. I came to the knowledge that God does exist and that he has spoken. I found that the fickle JEEEEEEEEEEEE-hovah of the WTS, was not the same God of the OT and NT (though some on this DB may differ).

LABD

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I believe in God but my only question to him is why does he allow all this suffering in the world. Like my brother said one day (in layman terms) Why is God allowing all the badness in the world for a bet to Satan? I thought about that and wondered the same. Like in Job's case, God allowed him to be tested almost to death to prove a point to Satan. Like now, God is allowing Satan to try to get as many people as he can to follow him so that in the Great Tribulation/Armageddon he can destroy all the ones that followed Satan. Why test us imperfect humans like that. God already knows what the outcome is gonna be so just go ahead and end it already. I say this prayer often that even if I'm not one of the chosen ones to make it into ???heaven??? or stay here on earth in ???paradise??? then for the ones that are being faithful to you whomever they may be to go ahead and bring the New System for their sakes.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I believe there is, or may have been a God. He hasn't done anything amazing as of late, which is why I wonder if something happened to him. Perhaps he created the earth before he died.

I'm just leaving every question of this nature to be answered after I die. I'm in no rush to find out the answers to these questions. They won't be important until I'm dead. What matters is I'm here right now, and I need to make the best of it.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yes, I have struggled with that question.

I don't think the god of the bible or any other religions, current or past, is real and I don't beleive in ghosts, demons, satan or any of that. I don't think there's really any proof of it. It's all legends and myths passed down from generations ago and you can't really trust that. The big claims these religions are making can't be proven, so if there's really a god of the bible, you would think he would have the responsibility to make people, every generation of people, fully understand he's the one. I don't think that's been done, so that's part of the reason I don't believe any of it anymore.

It changes my perspective on WT society, understanding they really aren't the only fraud on the block.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Yes I believe in God.

At times I feel that we are Pets that entertain him. Think how many hours you have watched your dog or cat do something really stupid over and over!! What fun!

We have the OT God who is out BBQ'n everyone and in the NT, Jesus is nice and preaches love. Im thinking we are dealing with the OT God these days Dont mind me, im rambling......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit