Where is most remote KH?

by badboy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

The North Pole Kingdom Hall in Alaska.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I visited one in Bluestone, W Va when I lived there---it had 25 publishers! It was up on a mountain with a view of a river just across the road...and it WAS remote!!

• shamus
    shamus

Where I am. Seriously. (sp)

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The Falklands?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I have to take that back, it's Tristan da Cunha . This island is the remotest populated island (not counting places with no permanent residents like Antarcica), and it I believe it does have JWs, if not, then St. Helena 2000 miles away which definately does.

• Woman know your place
    Woman know your place

Think Joker10 is right.... there is one in Alaska.... I remember watching a Kingdom video about preaching to the ends of the Earth or something and there's this congregation in Alaska that the Watchtower gave a helicopter to so that they could track down Inuits who lived in remote areas (because they wanted a life away from the rest of society) and spread the good news of the kingdom..... incidentally, theres also a congregation in Peru who take a boat down the Amazon, and when they get as far as they can go, send magazines in bottles down the rover, hoping the natives will find them.... isn't that pollution??

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    theres also a congregation in Peru who take a boat down the Amazon, and when they get as far as they can go, send magazines in bottles down the rover, hoping the natives will find them

Great, now I hear Sting singing "Sending out an SOS.. Sending out an SOS.. Sending out an SOS" in my head. Oh well, the bottles were probably mistaken for fish by engandgered Amazonian river dolphins who promptly ate them and died from intestinal blockage.

• JH
    JH

How about this hall in Siberia...

http://joangushin.homestead.com/Russia.html

• Scully
    Scully

JH:

I just checked that link you have in your post and saw something kind of funny:

1. On district convention in the Khabarovsk (to the right my friend - circus overseer, but he from other district) 2. I'm with brother and sisters from island Sakhalin on river Amur 3. Me and sisters from Khabarovsk in Moscow summer 2002 (Red Square) Sasha
    LOL at least in Russia, they are admitting that being a JW is like being in a 3-ring circus. Love, Scully

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

lol Scully!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit