Guilt over getting an old friend DF'ed

by Ciara 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Ciara
    Ciara

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

I would love to apologise to him, but I have been unsucessful in finding him so far.

If you're out there, Anthony, I'm sorry. My Apologies

Ciara

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Ciara,

I know you feel guilty, but i'm with vitvin, he was doing it in public so any one could have seen it.

He made no stets to go back to the Borg so probably did it just to get out, could not break free on his own.

He was probably glad it was you that saw him and not some dumb ass idiot who chould have made things much harder for him.

Don't beat yourself up too much about it.

Lehaa.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I got called in as a witness at 2 JC meetings. The event happened on the same night. One girl, she was a reg pioneer, was drunk, I just said I didn't see anything. Another, I said it had to have to have been the medication he was using on top of the alcohol, he was a MS, because he and his wife and I were sitting together the whole time. He was removed but that was it..........they said he should have thought about drinking and meds together.

In reality, I covered for them both.

My first ex husband, well, sad to say, I encouraged him to turn himself in for smoking, he did. He knew I would if he didn't and I am sad that I was like that.

• shamus
    shamus

I say don't worry about it. Unfortunately, I ratted out a friend, too. This person had no interest in da troof, and told me not to worry about it. Just got reproved and never went back.

Besides, how in the hell can you find him now?

Let it go.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ciara, hello! I don't recall ever welcoming you to the board, so, belatedly,

Your post touches a nerve in me: why feel guilt?

Did you do what you felt was right, at the time? It seems that you did.

Did you kill somebody? No.

Did you violate your conscience? Apparently not.

What more could God, or yourself, expect from you?

This "guilt thing" is, well...nothing more or less than self-flagellation.

Look into the night sky, ponder the stars, consider the Prime Cause, and say to yourself: "I did what I did, because at the time I thought it was the right thing to do."

There is nothing more that us finite beings can do; it's the nature of our existence.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Ciara:

I'm going to differ with others on this one. I once had someone apologize to me many moons later over an incident that happened 20 years ago. At the time it was *very* hurtful and provided me many nights of unfettered tears. Of course, time heals and it left my waking conscience, but the apology was something out of the blue that made my day, and really cleansed any residual bad feelings I might have had, if any. If anything, it can't hurt. To me, it helps others renew a sense of faith in humanity. It did for me. P.S. I'm pretty good at finding people, if you need any help. hehehhe.

Country Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit