THE MOST ANNOYING WT PHRASES!

by tresbella 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

• Show appreciation for spiritual things
    • Apostates web sites
    • Surely this is another fine indication that Jehovah is blessing His Organization
    • This wicked System of Things is nearing it's end
    • Do NOT tire out
    • Spiritual Food at the Proper Time
    • Obedience to the Faithful & Discreet Slave
    • Lack of appreciation
    • Are you doing all that you can in Jehovah's Service?
    • Stay away from Independent thinking
  • Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

All of the above... and here is one that I heard from my older sister at my mom's funeral several months ago...

"Well, we thought that the 'New System' would be here by now..."

It sounded like a much-repeated phrase... getting old and hollow in its' meaning - and that from her.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

A brother once told me that to help pass time at the assemblies he counted all the Society's cliche's in the various talks.

'Thinking Christians' was one of those as if some JW's lacked this quality! And of course the old standard....'Can you do more?'

Actually, there are hundreds of them if you thought about them much. I never thought too much of the Organization that took years to figure out what to call a 'back call', or is it 'return visit', contact point, rendezvous and who knows what else.

Outaservice

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

"The Anti-typical..." whatever they are deciding that the Bible is "foreshadowing" this week.

Anybody who is a member of any "class" whatsoever, named after just about every darned person in the Bible. For instance, Sword of Jah would be of the "Eglon" class... [The crowd goes oooh!]

CZAR

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

"Making the Tooth your own" I always hated it when my dentist would say that.

-BONEZZ

• TonyT
    TonyT

Unity.

• glitter
    glitter

"Ones" is my ultimate JW-speak pet-hate.

• Larry
    Larry

Phases from A - Z (check link) : http://bookshelf.info/wordlists/e/eec/www/index.html

"Watchtower"

"lovers of Jehovah"

"Turn in your time"

"Turn the meeting over"

"Let's sing song number"

"Babylon the Great"

"dedicated Christians"

"torture stake"

"Christendom"

"Accounts Report"

"Active Publisher"

"Agape"

"assignment slip"

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

"What other organization has 'The Truth'?"

That make s me so mad, I just want rip the J-Dubs head off and look to see if there is a brain that is actually doing more in there than just directing traffic.

LABD, of "I'm not angry, so don't p*$$ me off" class

• finallyspringlol
    finallyspringlol

'do not forsake the gathering of ourselves.....' ...that always made me squirm...hehehe....because i always thought it was directed at me...

and... 'loving organization'......BUT...only if you do more, want to do more, complain and cry about how you want to do more...etc..

cheers!

joanne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit