THE MOST ANNOYING WT PHRASES!

by tresbella 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

"In the TRUTH" and "Out of the TRUTH" being synonymous with Organization. Blechh.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

The thing I most remember being said that after a while got on my last nerve was.........

"It helps us appreciate"

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"Wait on Jehovah's Organization!"

• Quotes
    Quotes

"Evidently....."

Usually used when trying to use the scriptures to prove a point that is not contained in the scriptures.

When there is no evidence to back up their claim, they say "Evidently, blah blah blah..." and make it seem like their ex post facto fallacy is included in the scriptures, when it is not.

~Quotes, of the "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" class

• heathen
    heathen

I always felt uncomfortable with the use of brother and sister all the time, it gets redundant after awhile . The phrase," you must be obedient to the organization", really gets on my nerves . Apostates is another one they seem to over use , It's like can't someone just not agree or do they always have to be some sort of harlot .

• dh
    dh

'the work'

'the truth'

'truth things'

'in the world'

'ones'

'its the beat dad'

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

"the greater this or that"

"this forshadowed"

"spiritual paradise" yeah right?

• new light
    new light

"The work I do to earn money is my avocation. The preaching work is my vocation." --This was one of the last new semi-official ideas I had heard before leaving. Very annoying. I'm sure it sprang from some assembly talk or maybe one of those horrendous life stories in the Watchtower. Generally, only pioneers are allowed the privilege of thinking this way.

• Undecided
    Undecided

"Brothers and Sisters", New Earth, Worldly person, This Class, That Class, Foreshadowed, Bible Study, Field Service, Book Bag, Magazine Service, Back Call, Turn in Time for Field Service, Times, Time and half a time, Day for a Year, Foretold, King of the North, This Generation, Street Work, meetings.

Ken P.

• Woman know your place
    Woman know your place

"Woman, know your (F*CKING) place"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and.... I dont need college/a pension/to buy a house because "this is not the real life"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit