Just got back from the YMCA

by Atilla 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

I went to the Y last night just to relax and go swimming. The Y near my house is pretty clean and after 8 p.m., not very crowded. I find it very relaxing to go work out, play basketball, go swimming and then sit in the sauna after a long shower. The best part is that my membership is free because my wife volunteers 4 hours a week there, so our entire family gets in for free. We've been taking our young child swimming there for aqua tots since he was like 8 months and my JW mom even went one time to see him swim. When I was at the Y last night, I just thought about how silly and controlling JW rules are and how glad I am to be out.

Anyone else, now that they are out, have a membership at the Y or any other forbidden places?

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I have a membership at the Y and I am a member of the most forbidden "church". Funny how everyone else was forbidden to join a club/group because you would have to agree to their terms and conditions, but they joined the UN " just to use the library ". And they want us to believe they didn't have to agree to any terms and conditions to become a member....They are so full of it.....

• codeblue
    codeblue

Good point about the UN card!!! I hate the hypocrisy of the WTBS....Df us for a YMCA membership for health reasons...but they can have an NGO for 10 years??? (adulterate with the Wild Beast???)

• Atilla
    Atilla
    ....Df us for a YMCA membership for health reasons

for health reasons, not sure I understand, I always thought the objection to the Y were the religions connections and association.......

• tmo
    tmo

I grew up as a "Y" member. I spent many enjoyable hours as a youth playing basketball, etc. When I became a witness (I was 21), I had to give up my membership. What a great day to join again after 20 years. I forgot what a great feeling going to the gym was. I also now have time to work out, etc. This is what JW's take from you - your life! I am so happy to be free from that bondage and have time to have a life. Belonging to the YMCA was a matter of universal sovreignty - as is everything.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Yeah, I work out at the Y too. Best gym around here. I was there yesterday afternoon... they finally installed adequate air conditioning. Ha!

• dolphman
    dolphman

Gang rape in the men's shower if probably your most immediate concern. Forget about the JW guilt trip.

The YMCA I went to (once) was literrally the same place the Village People immortalized in their hit song. Think about it. Why the hell would the Village People be singing about it otherwise?

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I have a membership here!! I'm sure that's forbidden cautioned about in the Watchtower. You are right -- it's great to be free!! Thanks for reminding me!

Gang rape in the men's shower if probably your most immediate concern.

dolphman - you're kidding right?? Are you a homophobe? Do you think gay men are also rapists? Do you think you are that desireable? (I'm sure you are - but gang rape, c'mon - even queers have some impulse control!)

BTTT

• new light
    new light

for health reasons, not sure I understand, I always thought the objection to the Y were the religions connections and association....... I think the meaning was that the membership was for health reasons, not the objection.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Didn't you see Cthulhu lurking at the deep end of the pool?

O the unspeakable horrors that await you! Aieeeeeeee!

"That is not dead which can forever lie,

and with strange aeons, even death may die."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit