I Have Finally Sent My DA-Letter

by GermanXJW 36 Replies latest jw friends

• fifi
    fifi

Congratulations!! German EXJW.

Thanks for your post. Keep us informed on the developments.

Take care,

Fifi

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

This is my translation of their reply:

Jehovas Zeugen
    Am Steinfels, 65618 Selters, OT Niederselters, Telefon 06483 41-0
    Postanschrift: 65617 Selters

Herrn
    German XJW
    Street
    City

Your Fax of July 10th, 2004

Dear Mr German XJW,

We refer to your letter above and confirm according to your wish that you are no longer a member of the religious community of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Furthermore, we inform you that no data are on the record, except those that are common also at other religious groups and that are allowed by law. The following is on record:

Name: German XJW; congregation: city; date of the announcement of disassociation:: July 30th, 2004; 1 John 2:19;

Adress, Phone, Date of Birth, Date of Baptism, "other sheep", date and signature.

We assure you that these data are absolutly confidential and therefor are not forwarded to any third party.

Sincerly,

Richard Kelsey

Member of the Steering Committee

• shamus
    shamus

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection. Send my credentials to the House of Detention.

Jim Morisson

• Gerard
    Gerard
    For decades, German JWs were not members neither of the WTS nor of the local congregations. This has changed in 1999 when they gave each publisher a letter stating that they formed a new association (called "Religious Community" like the "Christian Congregation" in the US) and that each baptized JW belonging to a congregation automatically became a member of that. We even had to sign our Publisher Card to agree that the Elders are collecting personal data.

I wonder if God can follow these clerical oddities...you know...he doesn't want to do a mistake when the big A comes.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Way to go, I might do the same thing soon myself. However, from their letter, it still seems like they are keeping your name of file, could be a translation thing but it sounds like they still have you in their files?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Attila, you are right. I have already contacted a governmental data protection expert that can tell if and how I can fight this.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

It is also strange that I wrote to the new founded "Christian Congregation" in Berlin and got a reply from the Watchtower in Selters/Ts. which is even another federal state.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit