WT expansion and enslavement of the 3rd world...

by cyber-sista 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

That could be it, and that is what I would expect it to be, Elsewhere, or it could be the opposite extreme. In the case of Episcopalians, the African Episcopalians, clergy have objected to American Episcopalians's liberalization and have been invited to America by some schismatic Episcopalians, congregations that likewise reject the liberlized church.

(Hard to imagine the current JW's in Patterson/Brooklyn becoming too liberal for anyone though)

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

THey already had a schim in africa over multiple wives. THe WTs told them to keep only their first wife. THe africans said nothing doing. Others in the civil wars took sides or defended them selves. On sister was DFed for just being married to a politican. Maybe this is a way to pull a show of force on the schism groups.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Roger that cyber-sister thanks for your efforts. Read his story in the Maine Times [text version] Maine Times

May 24 - May 30, 2001 'Nobody likes Jehovah's Witnesses except other Jehovah's Witnesses'

Q: When I was working as a visiting nurse, I took care of a guy with uncontrolled diabetes, and it was killing him. He was a Jehovah's Witness, and he told me it didn't really matter whether he controlled his disease because his religion taught him that everything's just temporary anyway.

I never saw anybody living in such complete poverty, he couldn't afford the food or medicine he needed, and he refused to accept any kind of assistance. But he had this stack of new books he had bought from the church. He was a man without education or sophistication.

A: That's another part of the cult dynamic: They exploit minorities and ignorance. Enlightened aristocrats are, as they say, "goat-like"; they're not receptive to the Kingdom Message.

A few years ago, the Haitians who were impounded at Guantanamo Naval Base in Cuba, 80 percent of them were Jehovah's Witnesses. The church said, "See, they're downtrodden, they're more receptive to the good news, they're more sheep-like." But they just exploit minorities, that's what happens.

Danny sez:Ref;JC stern warning to his high ranking apostles: Matthew 18 10 "See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven. [1]

ยป Theologically,Jehovah's Witnesses are a cult of Christianity.The oppressive organization does not represent historical, Biblical Christianity in any way. Sociologically, it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Undaunted,

Not to daunt you or anything, but why is every one of your replies some sort of blistering multi-fonted rant?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Undaunted,

Not to daunt you or anything, but why is every one of your replies some sort of blistering multi-fonted rant? Good point mate,I should cool my jets a "little" it's just so hard to sugar coat,fraud for god sleaze. I mean somebody's gotta take out the trash.Besides after soul-raping 4 gens of my dub family i'm pretty pissed at the WT$. The fiercest enemy is the man/women with nothing to lose.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I was at a low point in my life when I was first sucked into the Org. Like so many others I was given a hope which was eventually dashed to pieces and it left me in a very bad state when that happened. Now I feel as if I was exploited, but at least I have the chance of picking up the pieces of my life, getting some support and carrying on with a new life.

Imagine if I was in a poverty stricken land and on top of my bad living condition I was thrown out of the Org for one reason or another and lost all my friends and connections and support group. Now that would be really rough. I feel for these people, as they are especially vunerable.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Good point sis> Imagine if I was in a poverty stricken land and on top of my bad living condition I was thrown out of the Org for one reason or another and lost all my friends and connections and support group. Now that would be really rough. I feel for these people, as they are especially vunerable

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

But in many 3rd world countries the WTs can be seen as liberal compared to traditional religions institutions. Im amny places in africa many villages have their own parton cult which practice ritual abuse a mutalization. So in that case you would go running back to the wts because it is safer than your other options. I think people need to realize the WTs is not the villan some pump it up to be. If you notice they have gone out of sytle liber western countries where the social moores are more liberal than the wts mandates. Imagine if you lived in a place where that was reversed and you were being considered too progressive.

• finallyspringlol
    finallyspringlol

reply to what to what you said in your later post, cyber sister, about coming into the truth during a low point in your life....i was at a low time in my life and needed a change when i was offered a study. the thing that appealed to me the most when studying was that the bible says 'you will build houses and occupy it' and we will have our own bit of land...etc. that appealed to me so much. this and all the love shown to me by the bros and sis (love bombing) brought me into the truth. and so now, if they go into these 3rd world countries, they will surely bring many in with that promise of what is said in the bible.

we will have to wait and see how it all works out.

joanne

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

XQ...I agree with you on some levels. Before the missionaries came here to Hawaii the religion wasn't all that great either--human sacrifice was practiced along with many restrictions and class distinctions. The missinaries changed some things fo the better, but made many other things much worse. The whole point is while there are some well meaning one in the Org--the missionaries, etc. I don't believe the expansion of the Organization there is because of the goodness of their hearts--they are not there for a self sacrificing purpose.

PS.

XQ, Being that the WT has ripped off some of our money and some of our family and friends--I put them in the "villain" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit