WOO HOO I just set up an Ebay account

by ball. 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ball.
    ball.

WOO HOO I just set up an Ebay account

I just put a couple of items on there - but I have TONNES of crap to sell!!! I could really get into this!!!!

Anyone else got anything on there?

Here's my stuff so far...

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=ballisticbrian1&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

hmmm, it appears you have to copy and paste the link!!!

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

No I don't but have always thought I should. Now i've got a digital camera I should get and do it.

• ball.
    ball.

No-ones bidded yet on my "Big Brother" video, but I'm on the edge of my seat!!!

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

lol have fun ball. and be careful

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Anyone else got anything on there?

Yes! I just loooooooooveee ebay...

Copy and paste to see my junk:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=shadowlands22&include=0&since=30&sort=3&rows=25

My MIL is doing great on ebay making realistic baby dolls. They are a little too real for me, but they sure sell for a bunch of $$... copy and paste to see:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=48921&item=5507320265

• ball.
    ball.

hmmm, lego seems to be doing quite well. Just a question - I also set up a personal pay pal account today and presumed I could accept credit cards via it - but I could be wrong. Do I need to put a disclaimer on there that I can't like you have done???

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    I also set up a personal pay pal account today and presumed I could accept credit cards via it - but I could be wrong. Do I need to put a disclaimer on there that I can't like you have done???

If you really have the free, personal Paypal account, then you can't accept credit cards through Paypal. If you have a Business (Premier) account (pp charges you each time you get paid), then you can accept credit cards.

Your auctions say:

"This seller, ballisticbrian1, prefers PayPal" and then there are little pictures of credit cards showing, making it look like you can take credit cards. Check and see for sure what kind of paypal account you have. If you can't take credit cards, I would insert the disclaimer for sure.

If you want to take credit cards and don't mind letting Paypal skim a bit off each payment you get (Credit card or not) then go ahead and upgrade your Paypal account to Premier. People love to use their credit cards!

If you don't want to upgrade, I would not check the Paypal box in the 'Accepted Payments' section when you are putting up your auctions. You don't want those little pics of credit cards showing. It will confuse people.

Happy Ebay-ing!

-Lisa

(PS: Believe it or not, people still try to pay me with a credit card even with all those disclaimers!)

• ball.
    ball.

thanks, I just put an update to say I can't take cards. There doesn't appear to be a PayPal logo for PayPAl without cards which is a bit annoying!!!

• Princess
    Princess

More people will bid if they can use credit cards. I always take them, you can tack on an extra handling charge in the shipping to make up the difference if you want to. You'll have more success selling your stuff. Paypal gets a bad rap occasionally but I have never had any trouble with it. I hate having to wait for a money order or cashier's check when paypal is an instant payment that you can have transferred directly to your bank account.

I have bought and sold tons of stuff on Ebay. I take extra care with my daughter's clothes because they end up getting a pretty good price on Ebay. I usually just keep a credit with Paypal to buy her more stuff the same way. It's like an eternal clothing exchange where no money changes hands.

Watch out for the fake Ebay and Paypal emails though. I get them all the time and they look like the real thing. They try to get all your personal info. Ebay and Paypal NEVER send stuff like that so be very careful.

Have fun.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I use to sell a lot years ago on EBay. Made quite a bit of money and then what I was selling, the market got flooded. It is fun and exciting and can be a lot of work. Now, I mostly buy on there. No matter what you are looking for, it seems someone has it! If only I could get a dollar for each of my feedback!

I agree w/Princess about making a seller pay the difference when using a credit card. It doesn't matter to me when I buy, because I can either use a cc or have it taken right out of my checking. But Princess is right, I think more will buy if they can use a cc.

Also, yes, I get those damn spoof emails from Ebay and Paypal weekly! NEVER respond to them. Instead, forward the whole email to either [email protected] or [email protected] and they can look into it and will send you back a report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit