TV's Frugal Gourmet, Jeff Smith, dies.

by El Kabong 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

No worries.

Having reread the JTS page (where I got my original info from), I see that there was more to the controversy than just his on screen friendship with Craig. I must have not noticed or plum forgot the rest of the stuff there.

Personally, I have little time for blokes who use their "father figure" influence over teenaged boys and then try to argue that they were "practically adults", so there was no harm. I'm unlucky enough to have known such a man myself, and even counted him among my friends, until the truth came out. He's since left the district, fortunately.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Here's some info from the smoking gun on of the lawsuits

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/frugal1.html

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I recall when his show was on it was one of the most interesting cooking shows because he would also give you a bit of a history on the different foods and their culture. I do recall saying to my ex how I thought the way he would act with his his young assistant chief It seemed that he was a little to friendly with him. Kind of gave me the creeps. Then shortly after when his show was mysteriously taken off the air, I found out he was accused of being a pedophile.

Will

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I used to watch him on PBS as well!

I didn't know the details of why his show was cancelled, but it looks like "he should have stayed in the kitchen"!

/<

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Loved his show, and have several of his books, signed.

Frugal Gourmet, I bid you peace.

LABD

PS. I don't really have an opinion on the child molestation charges. I just liked him as a TV show cook.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit