Watchtower 1943 July 1, p204-6, full text anyone?

by Black Sheep 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Fresh upload

• besty
    besty

have you still got the accompanying questions you asked?

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Phew! If you think WT is controlling now pity the poor sods that were under that barrage in 1943. Work your personal local territory (assigned to be nearest your house) four times in six months or you are showing unfaithfulness to God. This instruction is from God directly through the Society who is his mouth peace. This is not an ultimatum, of course not but if you don't do it you are against God and his kingdom. No pressure then?

The one thing that surprises me as a factor clipping their wings is that they abandoned hell-fire as the sanction for disobedience. No wonder they had to come up with shunning a few years later, they had to invent a living hell as punishment.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    have you still got the accompanying questions you asked?

I might have Besty, but apparently several hundred people think I need a bigger penis so it might take me a while to find them.

• besty
    besty
    several hundred people think I need a bigger penis

ad populam fallacy :-)

I like gmail for search and spam filtering - makes finding ancient stuff easy(ier)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It is an email account I haven't used for many years, Besty. My real account has so many filters that my ISP can't get it's emails through.

I found his reply, but not my sent email. I may be able to find that another day.

He just pretended he didn't understand the grammar of the article (not the first time), then we never spoke on any religious subject again. I find it is pointless discussing anything with people who refuse to understand their native language when it is inconvenient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit