I'm a Christian

by Erin4Christ 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Erin4Christ
    Erin4Christ

I can't believe you people! How can you brainwash so many people into believing this crap?!? If you'd like to try explaining to me what you believe, please email me because I'm only gonna come back here to tell people the truth!

Erin
    [email protected]

• Francois
    Francois

Uh huh. And exactly what "crap" is it you'd like to have explained to you?

Oh, and by the way, which flavor of "christian" are you? There are several hundred different flavors you know, and it will be helpful if you'd tell us which you are.

There are a lot of dedicated christians on this site as well. Now it's true that most of us have given up on one particular flavor of christianity that we've discovered isn't quite what it claimed to be, nor is it what we thought it was at one time. But that doesn't make us any less christian, um, unless of course you think there's only one flavor allowed. Then there could be a problem.

Perhaps, as a christian, you'd be interested in reviewing Mt. 7:1. It's hard to keep it in mind, I know. We struggle with it here. But then we attempt to avoid public moral preening, you know, as christians - pride going before a fall and all.

Anyway, I'll be anxiously awaiting for you to post again when you come back to tell us this truth you mentioned. It's been, you know, promised to each of us an awful lot and no one has, you know, delivered up to this point. But you, being a christian and all, well I'm sure we can all expect you to come across, um, I mean, do what you say and let us have the straight dope.

Don't wait too long now, y'hear? We'll all be waiting for you, I mean at least I know I will.

Franc

My $0.02

• Erin4Christ
    Erin4Christ

You guys completely twist the bible! And what the heck to you mean which flavor of Christian am I? If you want to know which denomonation I am, that's another story. Mt. 7:1 (in the REAL bible, at least) Do not judge lest you be judged - OK, so maybe I did say it a little too harsh for your brain to comprehend...Would you take a look at this verse for me? 1 John 3:13, 1 John 4, and 1 John 5, which I find very, very interesting. It states that "Whoever believes Christ is born of God, and whoever loves the Father loves the child born of him." Now, according to yall, Jesus Christ is not the son of God, and according to the REAL bible, you guys are going to be in a bit of a pickle after you die. I believe Revelations states it as "Thrown into a pit of fire." Oh, and I've noticed how much you all are portraid as "The Victims." OK, uuhhh...NO! Maybe the victims of complete lies from your ever so great leader, Mr. Russell...
    I would like to point out the fact that you've predicted the end of the world what, 3 times now? And as far as I know I'm still here. According to the Bible, at least the one I read, only the Father (as in God) Knows when the world is going to end. I don't think your "Mr. Russell" Is God. Infact, according to the Bible, I think he's in a bit of a predicament right now! If you would like to learn the truth, and the wrongs of your ways, then I'd be glad to witness Christ for you. I can't make you do anything, and sorry hun, but you can't make me do anything either.

• Erin4Christ
    Erin4Christ

Oh, yes...you asked me what crap I was referring to? That would be yours, brainiack

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Erin:

From the tone of your posts it would appear that you have made the assumption that all here are active jw's in agreement with the watchtower society.

You may wish to read the board a bit to correct that erroneous assumption.

Expatbrit

• Prisca
    Prisca

expatbrit, you spoke like a true Englishman!

Erin4Christ, I welcome you to the board. However, if you spent some time to read the discussions here, you will see that the majority here are NOT Jehovahs Witnesses. Most of us USED TO BE, but not anymore.

I don't know where you got the silly idea that we'all don't believe that Christ is the Son of God, because some us DO, al'right?

And none of us here believe that C.T. Russell is God either.

And I'm a Christian too - just to let you know not all of us are your enemies, ok?

• kes152
    kes152

Perhaps you haven't lurked here long enough.

Maybe the victims of complete lies from your ever so great leader, Mr. Russell...
    I would like to point out the fact that you've predicted the end of the world what, 3 times now? And as far as I know I'm still here.

If you read any of our posts, you'd KNOW we don't believe in Russel.

." Now, according to yall, Jesus Christ is not the son of God,

Again.. you haven't lurked long enough.

May i DIRECT you to "revelation" of the Son of God:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=7445&site=3

peace to you
    Aaron

• larc
    larc

Erin4Christ,

There are a lot of people here with a lot of different beliefs. Now, if you are addressing what Jehovah's Witnesses believe, they do, in fact, believe that Jesus is the son of God. Go do your homework before you attack people out of your great love for them.

I would like to summarize your religious beliefs. "God loves you, and if you don't believe it he is going to kill you." Does that capture your belief system, oh great teacher and evangalist?

• searain
    searain

I was guided to this site because of my curious nature. I have a cousin visiting with me who is a JW. I am a Christian, I don't think that I need tell you to which church I affliate myself.

First let me tell you that I am very offended by the reference to the statement of "flavor of religion". My faith is a way of life for me, not an ice cream.

If this page is any indication of the mentality of either "Christian"
    or "Jehovah" believers.....I am truly disappointed.

I believe, as a Christian, that I teach others by my everyday behavior. If someone is interested in my beliefs, I invite them to my church. I don't wish to get in heated discussions and stir up unhealthy feelings towards my friends and/or relatives. Too bad others can't do the same. It would help in our everyday lives if we would just let others believe as they wish...and, on the day of my Saviour's return...we will see which of us is correct. Thanks for listening!

• Francois
    Francois

"portraid" ? Do you perhaps mean portrayed?

Perhaps you shouldn't be calling other people brainiac if that's the best you can do. Illiterates should never attempt to take on their intellectual superiors.

And I frankly don't know anyone here who denies that Christ wasn't the son of god.

OH I GET IT!! You think this is a site for active Jehovah's Witnesses. Christ! You're dumber than I thought.

Look around. Better you find out what you're talking about before you shoot off your ignorant mouth. We face more rabid jackasses than you all the time.

Best you sit down before you bust a gut or something.

Francois

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit