Canada....what are the best citys?

by Lostreality 33 Replies latest social current

• talesin
    talesin

Lost,

It is hard to emigrate to Canada. Do you have a specialized profession? That may help. Do you have any relatives here? That can help as well.

The govt is very cautious about immigration right now, due to the 9/11 threat, and Canada has been, as they say, 'strenghtening' their immigration laws. Although, if you REALLY WANT to come to Canada, I'm sure you will find a way! It's worth it, trust me.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh. The heat in Toronto in the summer ... it's oppressive, humid. YECCHHHH!!!

Also, there is a lot of racism there, it's a huge, fast city. Not representative of Canada in any way.

What can I say? West or East, that's the way to go! Van or Hali, you have only two choices!

hahaha

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Toronto is still a fairly clean city. yes there is crime, but with a city of 2.5 million people what do you expect?

Even Port Dalhousie has crime. Uh Paul Bernardo had his house there with Krazy Karla remember?

But (smirking evilly) I suppose being the best and biggest city in the country we have to put up with a little bashing and sniping now and then from the smaller communities. ;)

Uzzah

I will admit that folks from Northern Ontario and Eastern Canada are some of the nicest most down to earth people I have ever met!

• Scully
    Scully

There are some beautiful features to just about every major Canadian city. Rather than getting biased opinions from people who root for their home towns, why not tell us what features would be important to you?

If you're looking for a city near the ocean, you can have either Vancouver or Halifax. But I've been in both cities in winter, and there is a definite difference. ;)

If you're looking for a place that rolls up the sidewalks at sundown, Ottawa or Victoria might be to your liking. Again, think about the kind of weather each city will have in January and February.

Cheers, Scully

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

LOL oh sure Scully be the voice of reason ... AGAIN! LOL

I have to agree. I've been to almost every capitol city in the country and all have a particular unique charm.

EVEN Ottawa has it's good points, Rideau Canal in the winter, Beaver Tails, centre of Canadian politics, Scully, etc. Although small, the Market area is a blast on Friday nights.

Uzzah

• Lostreality
    Lostreality

A town with plenty of jobs, and a nice place for my girlfriend and I to raise our children. not TOO cold during the winter...maybe some snow, but none of the -2 degree crap we had down here in oregon a while back. a close knit community, not too far from everything

• jgnat
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    none of the -2 degree crap we had down here in oregon a while back

bwahahahahahahahahaha

then you better forget Canada

Actually the Niagara area (Niagara Falls) or BCs Okanagan Valley

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)

• New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.
    • Canadians plant gardens.

40° Fahrenheit (4.4° C)

• Californians shiver uncontrollably.
    • Canadians Sunbathe.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)

• Italian Cars won't start
    • Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)

• Distilled water freezes
    • Canadian water get thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)

• New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
    • Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40° Fahrenheit (-40° C)

• Hollywood disintegrates.
    • Canadians rent some videos.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)

• Mt. St. Helens freezes.
    • Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)

• Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
    • Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)

• Ethyl alcohol Freezes.
    • Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)

• Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
    • Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)

• Hell freezes over.
    • The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
  • talesin
    talesin

:: A town with plenty of jobs, and a nice place for my girlfriend and I to raise our children. not TOO cold during the winter...maybe some snow, but none of the -2 degree crap we had down here in oregon a while back. a close knit community, not too far from everything Actually, that sounds a lot like Halifax except for the JOBS, GODAMMIT! Yeah, Uzzah, like the city-ness of TO is anything like the East! NOT! Been there many times, that's bullshit. hahahaha Come on, now, you know I tell the truth! Scully, as usual, dammit, you tell the truth. ;)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Winnipeg!!!!

Houses are cheap. Mine's costing $89,000 and it's pretty decent! Nice neighborhood. If you want a cheap piece of shit in a cummy neighborhood, you might get one for $20,000.

edited to add: Cummy? LOL! I meant scummy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit