OMG!!! The largest WTS collection I have ever seen on eBay!!! $10,000.00

by Elsewhere 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Hmmm..........I know my father's collection, while nowhere near all this stuff, is still quite impressive. He's got 3 of the original Studies in the Scriptures Copywrighted in the late 1890s. He's got an original Golden Age magazine, virtually every book, pamphlet and brochure from the 1920s on.......plus he's got all the bound volumes from 1947 - 2003..........wondering how much all this would be worth.......

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

hmmmm.....since it's by someone in Kentuck....maybe it's Bill Bowen's "stash", eh?

Frannie B

• robertdelre
    robertdelre

it would be a great resource to show all of the watch towers failed proficies. But don't be discouraged, as there will be hundreds more!

• blondie
    blondie

Hundreds more.....books or prophecies?

• NWT@Cutlip.Org
    [email protected]

AlanF wrote:

Naah, Odrade and Cassi, my stash is a lot bigger than that.

AlanF

How much bigger? I turned down $10,000 for my stuff about 15 year ago. In fact, I turned down $6,000 for one book: Man's Salvation from a Lawyers Point of View, 1906, J.F. Rutherford.

Did you say Kentucky? About 25 years ago I set a guy in Kentucky up with a nice little starter set: Towers and Awakes from 1947 to 1977, Year Books to 1930, Seven volumes of Studies, Rutherford's Rainbow, and so on. Wonder if it's the same guy. I think he was from Barboursville, KY and, believe it or not, either his name was Barber or his profession was barber. That was a few year back, so it's becoming vague in my mind.

AlanF: I would like to see what you have. Is your invitation still open? In what part of the world are you? Shall I bring along my extra Great Battle in the Ecclesiastical Heavens or my extra Faith on the March to start the trading? Someone told me he thought they might fetch about $500.00 each now. I haven't been around any collctors in a long time, so I don't know. I remember when I sold my first extra Faith on the March. A friend wanted it very badly. I paid $5.00 or it, so I charged him $10.00 and made a killing -- 100% markup! That was long ago.

I think I have three (maybe four) Daily Heavenly Manna in with my old Year Books. Can I really get $150.00 each for them now? I sure stumbled into an interesting place, just now. What timing!

[email protected]

--

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

NWT,

Faith on the March to start the trading? Someone told me he thought they might fetch about $500.00 each now

Someone is wrong.

I bought 'Faith on the March' a few times last year on ebay, including a pristine copy with a smilar jacket for $65.00. Ebay has pretty much levelled out prices for WTS literature, though of course some of the rarer items do get up there a little.

Best regards - HS

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

NWT said,

Shall I bring along my extra Great Battle in the Ecclesiastical Heavens or my extra Faith on the March to start the trading? Someone told me he thought they might fetch about $500.00 each now.

"Faith On the March" is available on the internet for free 24/7 in HTML text format with photos and is also in worldwide circulation as a pdf file (actual page images) on CDROM for free from your friendly neighborhood apostate operative. Anyone who is interested in research can "drink freely."

I think it is unlikely that a hard copy of that book would be worth $500 even to an avid collector unless he was completely ignorant or had a very odd old cellulose fetish.. One tenth of that, sure, maybe.

• Atilla
    Atilla

They want $10000 now but I wonder how much the original owner actually donated in the course of their lifetime to get all those books-so sad.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Attila,

Yes, the entire collection probably cost only a few hundred dollars at most. What determines value is RARITY, CONDITION and CONTENT.

Some of the books being offered are wonderful proofs of Watchtower stupidity and arrogance. Many - in fact, most - of the older books from the Watchtower catalog have been put into digital form by various people at costs to the consumer ranging from completely free to very reasonable. Unlike the original books, the digital files will not yellow and crumble with age, and actually become more widely available over time, not less as with the books -- a cause for much weeping and gnashing of teeth over in Brooklyn.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I wonder is the WBTS has one of its "faithful and discreet" SLAVES selling this stuff to get some money to fund a new KH or something... Just kidding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit