John Kerry on Larry King Live

by Mulan 29 Replies latest social current

• Richie
    Richie

And now a short love story................

http://www.noedesign.com/dev/KerryEdwards/index.html

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    his personal beliefs and the personal rights of citizens.

I was COMPLETELY unaware that Birthing a Baby UP Until the head was out, then inserting a scissor into the skull and scrambling the brain of the live kicking baby, then suctioning it out...even a day AFTER the due date...was a "right" I thought that was murder...but, that's what he's in favor of allowing others to do.

I also find it "interesting" or at least informative of his character that the Bush administration has offered to brief Kerry and his people on the information they have concerning AQ wanting to attack the US during and to disrupt the election...yet Kerry hasn't found time for the briefing yet....he found time to listen to Whoope Goldberg and company disrespect the President of the US...but not to be breifed on a threat to the US that involves him and his campaign...then again...he'd leave stuff like this to the UN were he president. Jaque Chirac could be in charge of the Department of Homeland security.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    No biggie, to me.

That scares the hell out of me...that the possible future President of the United States can't find time for a briefing on terrorism that involves him...and this doesn't bother you? Please don't vote.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    eh my roomie is a Catholic and his priest thinks it shouldn't be the position of the church to deny people communion because they are pro-choice. He also thinks it isn't right for churches to use thier clout to get someone elected or not. I agree entirely. One could see such an extreme where the church decided to refuse communion for anyone who even voted for a pro-choice candidate. So much for separation of church and state..

Your roomie and his (her?) priest...should study the Church a bit more.

One could see such an extreme where the church decided to refuse communion for anyone who even voted for a pro-choice candidate

A Catholic who votes for a Pro Abortion Candidate BECAUSE they support "abortion rights" should refrain from taking communion. I agree with the earlier statement, either Kerry should refrain from taking communion or, not excommunicated, but he should be refused. As a Eucharistic Minister, If Kerry approached me for communion, he'd walk away empty handed.

• DIM
    DIM

I'll take Kerry over Bush any day of the week....great post Mulan....just because someone changes their mind doesn't mean they "flip flop"...

The fact is is that so many things can be pointed out about any politician......better of both evils is my point of view...

• Valis
    Valis
    Your roomie and his (her?) priest...should study the Church a bit more.

*LOL* ya right...I think being a philosophy teacher and devout Catholic for 30 years would be sufficient...just like he told me today about how his belief is a very private one and communion just helps him reaffirm his belief. How like the concept of controlling people's lives your post is Yeru...The way you say that it seems to me there is no room for personal accountability or even having REAL matters of personal conscience. I guess you like deciding that for other people huh?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• wednesday
    wednesday

good points Yeur

• gumby
    gumby

Valoud

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbishop of East Anglia

• Richie
    Richie
    But he said he was being briefed today.............he wasn't able to get to the one the Senate had yesterday, or the day before. No biggie, to me.

Famous replies to urgent questions
    Washington, DC, Aug. 23, 1814: "President Madison, British soldiers are near the city now and have threatened to burn it to the ground, including the Executive Mansion where you and Mrs. Madison live. Do you have any reports from American commanders?

President Madison: "Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me; I just haven't had time."

Early 1861: "Mr. Lincoln, there are reports from the War Department that secessionist South Carolina is mustering cannon and state militia along Charleston's harbor coast facing Fort Sumter. Do you believe there is a threat to Federal troops on the fort?"

President Lincoln: "Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me; I just haven't had time."

March 1917: "President Wilson, the Navy reports that German submarines are very effectively enforcing the Kaiser's decree of unrestricted warfare against vessels of any nationality proceeding to the British Isles. What can you tell us about that threat?

President Wilson: "Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me; I just haven't had time."

December 6, 1941: "President Roosevelt, the Imperial Japanese government has really dug its heels in that further negotiations are useless. Our sources in the War Department say that General Marshall will send a 'war warning' message to Pacific commanders soon. Any comment?"

President Roosevelt: "Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me; I just haven't had time."

The Larry King Show, July 8, 2004:

King: Tom Ridge warned today about al Qaeda plans of a large-scale attack on the United States, didn't increase the--do you see any politics in this? What's your reaction?

Kerry: Well, I haven't been briefed yet, Larry. They have offered to brief me; I just haven't had time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit