New policy about appointing elders

by XQsThaiPoes 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

A po I know said that now the wts makes them do back ground checks and ask every congo the person has ever attended approve them before the send the letter to the WTS.

I think this could be because of the child abuse thing. WHat do you think?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmmm Nope won't work

According to the elder who DFed me AND heard my ex tell them how he abused his wife and children there was nothing placed in his record about his "confessions". So if he ever went to a new cong there would be nothing to report. In fact since there is already nothing to report he is already climbing the ladder again and is a MS again - working his way back to eldership.

I doubt he is the only one with a spotless whitewashed record

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

First I heard of it, strategically not a bad call.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh one other thing

if the accusations against him were unfounded (read: the accuser didn't have two witnesses and he didn't confess) then there would be no record made of the accusation.

If I am worong then I am sure someone can let us know

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I guess the Holy Spirit isn't appointing elders anymore (tongue in cheek)

• minimus
    minimus

If they implement such a thing, it means NO ONE that ever left another congregation would get a good recommendation. Usually, people leave because they don't like the elders and aren't being used as elders or servants...so they go to greener pastures.

• blondie
    blondie

Bill Bowen reported that all they do is ask the prospective elder or elder new to the congregation, "Are you a child molester?" twice and he says he isn't then that is the extent of the investigation. Letters of "recommendation" are sent to the new congregation by the old BOE on all JWs but especially any elders/MS who move. And remember that database, when they send in their recommendations to Bethel they are checked against that. So not much new.

Blondie

• Mulan
    Mulan

Some of them are really good at hiding their true selves. I know of one recently appointed, who definitely does not qualify, but his wife would never tell them how abusive he is. They all think he is a saint. Not at home he isn't.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

No you don't understand it is like they are electing elders again. They can appoint a ms, but to make elder they have to get the sponsorship as it were from their old hall. It does not have to be any record. SInce the wts cut the strings to the congos for liability reasons they almost are approving elders blindly. So now they want the hall sending of the papers to check EVERY hall you attended in the past and get their apporval from their body of elders.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Blondie

Would you know how a person's name gets on the DB of abusers?

Is it just the accusation that will get him listed or does it have to be confirmed in some way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit