FACIAL HAIR

by JOLLYME 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JOLLYME
    JOLLYME

I HAVE A JW FRIEND WHO THINKS HER HUSBAND WOULD LOOK BETTER WITH FACIAL HAIR. (OMG, IT WOULD IMPROVE HIS FACE!) ANYWAY, WE ALL KNOW THIS IS A NO NO IN SOME CONGREGATIONS. IS THERE ANY INFO ANYONE HAS REGARDING WTS HAS SAID ABOUT FACIAL HAIR BEING OK?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I don't remember they have ever printed their view in the usual public materials. Generic descriptions like, "modest", "clean" and "worldly appearance" and the like are catch phrases that the "mature" understand to mean no beards if you want any priveledges and the respect of the congo. I know two people that had skin conditions that made shaving an ordeal, they chose to grow a beard. Both eventually found their way out of the organization.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

when I was "counseled" for having a beard back in 97 or so (on my way out), it was said to me I could have a beard or whatever, but I could not give talks if I did. There reasoning came from the "Theocratic Ministry School Guidebook". If it hasn't been changed since then, that's still the answer.

• Corvin
    Corvin

Jesus had a beard. Russell had a beard. The clean shaven thing was merely the personal preference of Rutherford and the other guy and they took it to a major extreme when they began depicting Jesus in the WTBTS publications' illustrations as a clean shaven man. Talk about subliminal influence! Just proves that the WTBTS uses it and it works.

Corvin

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome to JWD JOLLYME!

If your friend would like her JW husband to sport facial hair it would be best to refer to the many publications (Watchtowers)? that the WTS? has to see what "mother"?has to say on the subject as we all know we must please "mother"? first in all things if we are to progress spiritually. There is plenty of information published in the ragizines about how a Christian should be properly groomed.

(OMG, IT WOULD IMPROVE HIS FACE!)

I knew a brother? in my old congergation who had a full face beard to cover up his acne scars and while the Elders?said it was fine he wasn't able to give talks from the platform or say prayer, but he could go door to door and conduct home bible studies. This was their way of letting him know that as a brother?he would not be able to reachout for spiritual advancement in the Congergation.

I thought it totally sucked!

Kate

• Puternut
    Puternut

You can have hair above the lips and be on assembly parts. Once you grow it beneath the lips you are a weakling basically.

Go figure......

Puternut

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Corvin, I thought Jesus Shaves!!

caveman

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Jesus Shaves!! Brilliant -- ROTFLOL

• freedom96
    freedom96

No beards. Quite silly a rule now isn't it? Do I hear cult????

In an old hall I used to attend, one of the elders had a skin condition that lasted for awhile. For about a year or so he was able to keep a beard and stay in good standing. He really couldn't shave.

In other halls, I think he would have had to step down until he was able to shave.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Growing up, I always heard that you could not have a beard due to the fact that many homosexuals have beards, and it is a way for them to recognize each other, and by having a beard we might be mistaken for one. There were even a couple talks given saying the same thing. They also mentioned men with earrings, and that is why brothers could not have their ears pierced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit