uhoh! getting married!

by jwbot 31 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

JWBOT

congrats! this is wonderful news! thank you for sharing! Best of luck to you!

I also went to Rome for my honeymoon----it will be very romantic. You will not be dissapointed.

regards, and be well, Frank

• jwbot
    jwbot

Frank, thats awesome! Any pointers for Rome? I have Italian CD's to learn the language...haha

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Holy Crap JWBOT! BIG TIME CONGRATS!

Does this sound familiar?

Marriage is prostitution. Plain and simple.

This is huge - and I hope that it will work out that everyone you would like to have there will come

• jwbot
    jwbot

aww confusedJW, you got me! I was sort of hoping someone would remember that.

I still believe it, but more in the traditional sense of marriage, esp. when the husband makes more and expect tasks done for him (cleaning, sex) because he makes more money. Or the wife wants material things because their husband makes more, etc. I think in this day and age, in this country, those types of things are rare, I would hope (but did not seem to be in the JW religion!). Another example is when the wife is thought of as property or lower and what she brings into the relationship (whether she is a stay-at-home mother, or works a good job) are somehow not as valuable.

Mike and I are more of the "super bestest friends" type of relationships and we deeply love each other in every sense of the word. A partnership.

Anyway, you still got me there ;)

• Grog
    Grog

Congrats!

I'm getting married in October and we are going to Greece for our honeymoon.

I went on a cruise with my fiancee last september to Rome and it was so great.

Italy in general was amazing... you will have a great time.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Congratulations, jwbot and Mike!!!!

My husband's name is Mike, too. Wow, honeymoon in Rome? That'll be awsome!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

You sure have matured a lot in the 2 years you've been posting to this board. I hope things go well for you and your groom to be.

Me? Hell, maybe I'll get a clue someday, but until then I guess I'm destined to keep "talking out of my ass" and getting nowhere in life!

• simplesally
    simplesally

Congratulations!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Ahhhhh Congratulations! How exciting! I'm sure there will be several people disappointed to learn you're officially off the market. I cant think of a more beautiful and romantic place to share your honeymoon than Rome. Make sure you keep us updated on the wedding plans.

• jwbot
    jwbot

I will def. keep you all updated on the wedding plans. We want to keep it simple, inexpensive but really romantic. By the ocean, etc. The only expensive (I think) thing I want is a live jazz band at the reception. I would be fine with CD's we made too...

You sure have matured a lot in the 2 years you've been posting to this board. I hope things go well for you and your groom to be.

Thanks Dan, I appreciate that :) I have definitely grown up a lot being with Mike and dealing with my parents. Of course...I still like to have fun like a kid! heh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit