How Come The US Media is Silent?

by Kent 37 Replies latest social current

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Crazy,

http://www.nuav.net/volunter.html this site says 15,000 Joined the SS, and to be fair 11,000 joined the Allies

I presume that is an admission that you were incorrect in claiming that 50,000 Norwegian joined the Waffen SS?

It may surprise you to note that the US, as did every Western Nation before WWII, had its own Nazi sympathizers and many more than 15,000 at that. The party was chaired by George Lincoln Rockwell and supported by Joe Kennedy, J.F.Kennedy's appalling father.

The Europeans thankfully learned a tough lesson during WWII and all countries in the EEC have outlawed any attempt to reform the Nazi party. Of course, if you happen to reside in the US, you can still join up.

Best regards - HS

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    I presume that is an admission that you were incorrect in claiming that 50,000 Norwegian joined the Waffen SS?

Nope

I had claimed that 50,000 Norwegians had joined Hitlers forces, the Majority of which joined the Waffen SS. They also joined the Lufftwafe, etc..etc..

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Hillary:

The Europeans thankfully learned a tough lesson during WWII and all countries in the EEC have outlawed any attempt to reform the Nazi party. Of course, if you happen to reside in the US, you can still join up.

And you know what, everyone has a Constitutional right to be an a-hole.

LABD

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Crazy,

I had claimed that 50,000 Norwegians had joined Hitlers forces, the Majority of which joined the Waffen SS. They also joined the Lufftwafe, etc..etc..

Your evidence would be?

Are the 15,000 Norwegians that you admitted joined the Waffen SS, 'the majority' of the 50,000 you claim joined. Once you have proved your figure of 50,000, perhaps you can then show us how 15,000 is then a majority of that figure.

Best regards - HS

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hillary Hillary Hillary,

Here we go again....

Ok:

http://www.feldgrau.com/norway.html

"During World War II a great number of volunteers from Norway served within the ranks of the German Wehrmacht. Prior to 1940, there were few such volunteers, but after the invasion, their numbers increased dramatically totaling around 50,000 by wars end. Nowhere did Norwegians serve in greater numbers than in the ranks of the Waffen-SS, but equal mention should also be made of those who served in the Kriegsmarine, Luftwaffe, Heer and in the various auxiliary forces such as Organization Todt and even the Reichsarbeitdients"

50,000 Volunteers

The highest percentage joined the Waffen SS.

Simple

This site: http://www.nuav.net/volunter.html stated that 15,000 Norwegians volunteered to join the Waffen SS.

Any questions?

My point was that kent could not slam the U.S. for supporting Dictators when Norway supported Hitler.

And for how does 15,000 equal a Majority? Well you are thinking in terms of a Mean Majority and im talking (as are the sites listed) a Mode Majority.

• metatron
    metatron

I'm shocked by the sort of superficial nonsensical opinions that are coming out of isolationist

Europe. Have they abandoned all common sense? Do they ever feel disgrace at such

inconsistent criticism of the US - while they DO LITTLE OR NOTHING to improve the

world? Did they close their eyes to what's been happening in the Sudan? (yes!)

Did Europe collectively COWER FEARFULLY at Gaddaffi, begging Reagan not to

bomb him in years past? Has weakness or strengthen improved Gaddaffi's recent

attitude?

Europe couldn't handle it's own problems in the Balkans. The US had to get involved

to straighten it out!

You mean to tell me that Europeans still repeat the silly idea that Afghanistan was invaded

to build a pipeline? You mean a pipeline that doesn't exist - and WON'T exist for many

many years - if ever?

So the US supports dictators - SO WHAT? Isn't it obvious from all this criticism

about Iraq that building a democracy in a foreign nation is VERY difficult?

If Europe doesn't like this REALPOLITIK, let's see them actually INTERVENE

by themselves and use their blessed, superior "wisdom" in how-to-run-things

in some wretched third world nation!! or are they only spineless enough to criticize?

The US supported the removal of the Shah of Iran and Marcos in the Philipines.

Is Iran really better off? Does that give anyone pause about not supporting dictators?

Hello?

Thank God for the US. We're the superpower that Europe doesn't deserve to be

- and never will be, given their aging populations, feeble military power and isolationism.

I'd never dreamed I'd live to see Germany hiding behind the skirts of France and Belgium!

metatron

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy,

....and who am I to disagree.

My intent is not to defend Norway as a nation and neither to attack the US as a nation. Personally, all this anti-US sentiment makes me as sick as its defenders. My intent is to question assertions presented as facts. It is a fact that the US had a large contingency of Nazi Sympathizers before and during WWII, * as did many European nations* including Britain. It is true that many of these sympathizers were well known public figures, influential in the community. It is also true that the US tolerates a modern day Nazi Party where EEC countries do not.

To often in these sorts of threads participants scurry off in search of sympathetic Internet links without doing any real research, either on the subject at hand, or the motives of the researchers who present their evidence. As long as they have a 'quick-link' to throw into the thread, they feel that their homework has been done, and their point made. It has not, and this is what irks me so very often.

I have a huge library of literature in English, Italian and German which serves as my source material. Not a student thesis. For example both Hellmuth Gunther Dahms in 'Die Geschiuchte Des Zweiten Weltkriegs', and Werner Brockdorrf in 'Gehiem Kommandos Des Zweiten Weltkrieges' both place the official figure of Norwegian combatant troops at between 20,000 - 25,000, of which 5-7,000 served in various factions of the Waffen SS. These are *German* researchers. The figure of 'approximately' 50,000 is disputed by those who kept the records. That is why Kent asked you for researched evidence, not just weblinks to unsubstantiated figures. The two people who presented this figure in the linked site you showed me, may indeed be correct in their assertion of 50,000 Norwegians in German uniforms, but this is disputed at present.

Until this figure is settled between experts on the matter it cannot serve as a justification for your viewpoints.

for how does 15,000 equal a Majority? Well you are thinking in terms of a Mean Majority and im talking (as are the sites listed) a Mode Majority.

On the matter of your use of the term 'majority'. You well know that when you stated that the majority of the claimed 50,000 Norwegians who fought in German uniforms fought with the SS, you well know how that would appear to the readers who cannot be expected to read the mind of a CrazyDrinker who now claims to have been speaking in terms of a 'mode majority'. To expect that is, how shall I put it, Crazy?

Best regards - HS

• seawolf
    seawolf

Simon and Englishman

I've watched US news channels and they are seriously lacking.

Lots of flashing headlines and dramatic music & graphics ... no content or *real* inofmral analysis.

Give me Paxman and Andrew Marr any day!

There is a European version of CNN that's nothing like the US version, I'm told.

You're correct. For example:

The propagandistic nature of the war coverage was made crystal clear by AOL Time Warner?s CNN a few weeks after the war began in Afghanistan. CNN president Walter Isaacson authorized CNN to provide two different versions of the war: a more critical one for the global audience and a sugarcoated one for Americans. Isaacson instructed the domestic CNN to be certain that any story that might undermine support for the US war be balanced with a reminder that the war on terrorism is a response to the heinous attacks of September 11. P. 380

http://www.wanttoknow.info/massmediacover-ups

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit