How Come The US Media is Silent?

by Kent 37 Replies latest social current

• Kent
    Kent

Yeah, of course. The only news you trust is, I presume, Fox News?

• Kent
    Kent
    Perhaps it's because we require as proof more than an allegation by an obviously leftist magazine.

Well, the proof out there is a bit more than "an allegation by an obviously leftist magazine". Quite often the so called "leftist" papers are more trustworthy than the other side. Quite in the other end we find Fox-News, right? I guess there isn't many who are stupid enough to believe anything said on that channel. Personally I don't even trust their watches to be correct!

The problem is, Jerusalym, that the press has its owners. And quite often these owners do put pressure on the coward of an editor working there, and news aren't printed. IF it is, it's quite often twisted. Of course there are others with an axe to grind, but that's normally easy to spot.

Today there is enough evidence to prove the war on Iraq was illigal, unfunded, based upon lies, only made for profit.

The same goes on in Israel. That government can do whatever they want, and if anyone protests, they are "anti-semites" or something worse. Typical! Who is today talking about the fact that former prome minister Yitzak Shamir when he was in the terrorist-group "The Stern-gang" actually tried to make a deal with Hitler himself? Nobody cares, anymore. The fact both he and Menahem Begin was sentenced to death by the English doesn't matter either - and nobody in the US will say anything about that either. After all, jews mostly owns the papers - or some fundamentalistic religious group - and they're not interested.

Facts are what the press tells you - if you don't check for yourself. There is more than enough papers around the world - making English editions online - who doesn't care what Bush and Blair wants them to say. Check them out!

• Kent
    Kent
    Perhaps because the US public intuitively understands the breathtaking foolishness of the European position.

Anyone who can write something like this is simply to naive to be taken seriously, my friend. So I won't spend any time answering your drivel. I'd say the US people have the president they deserve.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I'd say the US people have the president they deserve.

Yes, we do. Whether some of us like it or not. And believe me, there are some of us who do not like or support Bush or the war in Iraq.

It's sad that a citizen of Norway has better sense and is better informed than some of the US citizens defending the war criminal we currently have in office.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I can only concur re Fox News. It's the only US news channel that's shown here. There is a European version of CNN that's nothing like the US version, I'm told.

I don't know why Fox bother with their UK broadcast. It's farcical beyond words. There are commercial breaks every 10 minutes, but no sponsors during those breaks, so we just hear the Fox "chimes" over and over again.

Personally, I'd like to occasionally watch a US News channel that has some degree of seriousness or credibility at least, I don't think we have one over here though. I know they do exist, maybe they haven't tapped their market fully yet?

Englishman.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    The US history is a shame. What diktators and despots do they support today?

Thats funny, I do not remember 50,000 Americans signing up to be part of the Waffen SS, the Kriegsmarine, or the Luftwaffe. So I guess Norwegians supporting Hitler is OK but the US supporting Saddam is wrong?

• Simon
    Simon

I've watched US news channels and they are seriously lacking.

Lots of flashing headlines and dramatic music & graphics ... no content or *real* inofmral analysis.

Give me Paxman and Andrew Marr any day!

• Kent
    Kent
    Thats funny, I do not remember 50,000 Americans signing up to be part of the Waffen SS, the Kriegsmarine, or the Luftwaffe. So I guess Norwegians supporting Hitler is OK but the US supporting Saddam is wrong?

I don't know who you are, Crazy151drinker, but something tells me you should drink a bit less. Who talked about 50.000 americans signing up for the SS? I see you claim 50.000 Norwegians did, without any evidence of that claim, of course.

Facts are Germans joined the SS and the Kriegsmarine, as Americans join Marines, Delta Force, Rangers, Navy Seals and any other psycopath gang. There will always be people willing to kill others just for the fun of it. Or people being willing to kill others because an insane leader like Bush, Stalin, Hitler or other mainiacs tells them to.

As long as they have people like you around, they can keep on running their stuff as they want. They know their followers can put a 45 magnum in their forehead and pull the trigger. One thing is certain - they won't hit anything remotedly connected to thinking ability!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    I see you claim 50.000 Norwegians did, without any evidence of that claim, of course

http://www.feldgrau.com/norway.html

http://www.nuav.net/volunter.html this site says 15,000 Joined the SS, and to be fair 11,000 joined the Allies

http://www.foothill.net/~yergen/about-ss.html

" The Waffen-SS grew to well over a half million men. During WWII, the Waffen-SS recruited men from all over Europe ( not just from Germany ) for front-line combat duties. More than half of its 40 or so divisions were made up of non-German volunteers. Some of the nationalities and ethnic groups which mad eup the foreign volunteers of the Waffen-SS were: Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Flanders, France, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Wallony and even a few from Great Britain. Eventually, the Waffen-SS became an elite force to be reckoned "

with.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    Who talked about 50.000 americans signing up for the SS?

You made the point that America supports Dictators and obviously in WWII so did Norway. Enjoy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit