Can jws participate in abortions?

by badboy 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laurelin
    laurelin

Lesson 14

God?s Friends Avoid What Is Bad

Satan tempts people to do bad things. A person who wants to be God?s friend needs to hate what Jehovah hates. (Psalm 97:10) Here are some things that God?s friends avoid:Sexual sins. "You must not commit adultery." (Exodus 20:14) Having sex before marriage is also wrong.?1 Corinthians 6:18.Drunkenness. "Drunkards . . . will [not] inherit God?s kingdom."?1 Corinthians 6:10.Murder, Abortion. "You must not murder."?Exodus 20:13.Theft. "You must not steal."?Exodus 20:15.

That's from the God's Friend brochure page 22. And this one is from the God Requires brochure page 24:

Lesson 12

Showing Respect for Life and BloodHow should we view life? (1) abortion? (1)

1. Jehovah is the Source of life. All living things owe their life to God. (Psalm 36:9) Life is sacred to God. Even the life of an unborn child inside its mother is precious to Jehovah. To kill such a developing baby on purpose is wrong in God?s eyes.?Exodus 21:22, 23; Psalm 127:3.

There are loads of articles dotted throughtout the literature that discusses abortion.

Incidently did anyone see the latest news about unborn babies at 12 weeks? I didn't realise that you could abort up to 24 weeks. I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and it made me physically sick to think someone could still abort this far into pregnancy. I can feel it kicking inside me, I feel it moving around. I personally don't agree with abortion at any stage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit