by badboy 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• badboy
    badboy

Anyone know anything about this?

• Smoldering Wick
    Smoldering Wick

Participate?

JWs view abortion as murder.

They won't do it even if it means losing the mother's life. They can't even work in an abortion clinic.

• badboy
    badboy

Thanks for the info,smouldering Wick.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I'm not aware of a specific article on the subject, but a perusal of the related issues yields some strange results:

1. A JW who is a police officer and carries a gun is considered weak and prohibited from serving as an elder.

2. A JW who is a doctor is allowed to give a blood transfusion.

3. A JW who is not allowed to work for either a church or the military.

4. A JW who is a butcher can sell blood sausage.

So, I would conclude that Jehovah's viewpoint depends on how influential the specific JW is within the community.

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

I remember one of my teen friends in the borg being dissuaded from entering nursing training in case she was asked to assist at an abortion.

She was absolutely gutted as she had her heart set on this career - pioneering sure didn't fill the gap....

FF

• TD
    TD

The only situation in which abortion is permissible to a JW is in cases of ectopic pregnancy. In this event, they reason that the embryo would not have survived anyway.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Actually I posted it awhile ago. It depends on who orders what. A nurse can give an abortion but a jw doctor should not order an abortion (as if Drs just decide to malevolently abort babies for no reason). It is all about passing the buck and if anyone cares at your hall. If a nurse is asked she will blam the doctor. If a jw doctor is ask he will blame roe vs wade. Most likely they will just ask a "wordly" dr or nurse to do what ever their "concience" wont allow.

Oddly the wts is all in favor of pulling life support and rarely mention it.

BTW have anyone notice the more hypocritical "conscience matters" the wts rarely comments on. But seem eager to get involved with others that benifit their control like the blood issue.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I remember a talk at a DC some time ago that state if a JW nurse or doc knows of someone participating, as patient or as a health care professional, they are supposed to even rat these ones out. There was even a demonstration of a sister who was a supposed medical records handler being presented with the moral quandry between violating a patient's privacy and preserving the integrity of the congregation. The outcome was she was to confront the sister (who in the demonstration was seeking an abortion) and give her the ultimatum of going to the elders herself or if she didn't (insert time limit) then SHE would. Pretty screwed up, huh?

Sure, break the laws...get your ass fired...open your employer up for liability....It's all just theocratic warfare.

Ern

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Notice she was a "medical records handler" and not an actual DR or Nurse whom by law have to keep confidentiality. Thats like saying if a "brother or sister is a 'legal records keeper' and notices that a brother or sister consulted a lawyer on an issue." I love how the hypothetical experiences are describing things that never happen but are used for "guidence".

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

nowadays, anyone, even your pharmacy tech, is bound by the new HIPPA laws to confidentiality. The hospital can't even put your name on the outside of the door anymore, let alone have a wipe board in view of the public with patient info on it.

Ern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit