jehovah's witnesses can serve as police??

by candidlynuts 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover
    we can no longer regard as exemplary a brother who continues in armed employment. He could be allowed six months to make a change. If he does not make a change, he would not be in a position to hold special privileges of service and responsibility in the congregation.?

This proves my point. Here the WTS says that someone has six months to find new employment or be "no longer regarded as examplary".

Here's what the Colonel guy said:

"Your being a Jehovah's Witness and working in the police is incompatible," Colonel Budagyan reportedly declared.

So, what's the difference? The WTS says it's incompatible and this Colonel says it's incompatible.

The JW gets fired and the WTS screams discrimination. A JW takes a job as a policeman and the WTS fires him from being an elder. Where's the outrage now?

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Damn! It really gets me mad. I really wanted to serve as police. I still have that desire. I am too old, and have too much to lose now for that.

Damn that looks like FUN!

• JT
    JT

undercover

EXCELLENT POINT

• sinamongurl
    sinamongurl

I know of a brother who was a police officer before he was baptized. He was able to keep his job but didnt have any privileges.

my 2 cents

Sin

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i just thought it was hypocritical that the society paid a lawyer to defend this woman.theres so much counsel against working for police and being really careful what kind of gov't work you might choose to do.......geeze to be more help they could have given her the lawyers wages and she'd live like a queen for years. (she only made what? 42 bux a month?)

• heathen
    heathen
    so the question came up well what about yearly Refresher gun training class, wells since this was just Target practice and they would not be in real harm it was permitted

yah they have to practice shooting people . That is just too hypocritical . The WTBTS has had a long held stance on nuetrallity when it comes to placing themselves in situations like that .

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Jehovah's Witnesses cannot carry guns in the performance of any job duties, whether it be in law enforcement or for security agencies. They will lose any "privileges" such as being an elder or ministerial servant or a pioneer or helping on the mikes, as an attendant, reading at the meetings, or helping with other official duties at the congregation. It is not a disfellowshipping offense (yet). This is a "peronal choice" by the JW.

True back in my day for sure. I was married to an "unbeliever" cop. The elders told me that if he ever joined up he would have to lose the gun.

But, there was this old elder (half senile I think) who used to talk about back in his day when there would be riots (he was prolly in the rutherford era at least). One time he told us his wife took her high-heel off and beat some of them off with her shoe. He always contended that if it was self defense you could defend yourself, your family, and your property... up to and including killing someone if you thought they meant to kill you first.

Never could reconcile the two, since, after all, the cops are supposed to only use their weapons in justifiable situations such as to keep themselves or someone else from being killed. At least thats what they say.

Sherry

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Hummm.....can't be a cop...but a child molester is OK !!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit