Who do you blame? (WT related...)

by Confucious 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i dont blame my parents.. regardless of what religion they might have been i think they would have been the same wonderful loving parents that they are.

i blame my disillusionment of the jw faith on the lack of love shown to me personally by the congregation elders and members. and the fact that i was "invisible" to them . no one cared when my world fell apart, no one offered to help me in my time of need, no one fed me when i hungered and no one sheltered me when i was homeless. no one comforted me when i was grieving. i wasnt important enough.

( my fantasy is to somehow get rich and go back to that congregation and test them, see if money makes me VISIBLE and then tell them to go [edit] themselves if it does)

• Confucious
    Confucious

Way to go Brumm.

Remember, I'm going to meet you one day in person.

Con

• Brummie
    Brummie

Save those air points up, I'll get the kettle on...lol

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

When I was a JW, I could totally blow you out of the water with the things I knew.
    But, oddly enough. If the NEW ME would debate the OLD ME... I would Kick the Old Me's Ass.
    I guess ultimately you're responsible for yourself.
    And I don't even blame those "A-hole elders" who just basically SCREWED ME over a barrel.
    I think it's just part of THEIR system of thing.

Confucious, thanks for this...it's right on. Takes some of us a very long time to reach this realization, though.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Funny thing though, it's the complete punishment for the same self-serving natsies that victimise people out of their own fear.

In my line of work, I see people, including jws, in their worst times - in physical crisis or near life's end, and I'll have to say, the look on the jws' faces is pretty much disturbing.

They've suffered enough if they're out - and if not, they're going to - in death there isn't blame.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I guess ultimately you're responsible for yourself.

That is right. No good blaming my mother for raising my sister and me 'In the Truth', she was fooled. No good blaming any one person , we were all fooled. Did not Ray Franz say that "we are all victims of victims"

It is the Organisation, that faceless corprarate giant that feeds off the backs of the believers, and exploits their faith by getting more and more work from them to self perpetuate that Organisation.. Just as we used to decry the Catholic Church as a body for its past, and present crimes, so it is the movement not any individual person, that has screwed up our lives.

But at the end of the day, we let it happen.. ...we chose to "Live with eternity in vew" thus putting off important matters that should have been resolved in our 20's, We viewed problems as "something to put up with until Armageddon", rather than taking action to change our lives for the better .so those problems are still here and worse ..

• Poztate
    Poztate
    my fantasy is to somehow get rich and go back to that congregation and test them, see if money makes me VISIBLE and then tell them to go [edit] themselves if it does)

Me too...win the lottery and all the dubs that hated you will be sucking up for a piece of YOUR PIE. How quick things would change.

POZ.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Thanks for all of you who replied to this thread.

What a life lesson, huh???

I'm feeling more and more at home in this forum.

When I was a dub, I remember having conversations with the PO and we would be talking about his phenomenon.

That is: "Why is it that ex-dubs feel so drawn to each other."

The point we made at the time was, "They feel drawn because they know this is the truth and that since they are the "walking dead," they feel the need to be together in their misery."

Of course, today, I know different.

Hell, no different that Sex Abuse Victims getting together to talk about their pain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit