Who do you blame? (WT related...)

by Confucious 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hey guys,

Of course, I know that most of you here are very frustated with the Borg.

Do you blame anyone?

Me personally? I don't blame the peoples that "brought me into the truth."

I think most of the people in the "Truth tm" are people like me who just wanted to do their best.

In fact, I "brought" several people into the "Truth tm." Some of which are Elder's today.

I guess it may be easy to say the Governing Body.

Just wondering.

I guess for me, I mostly blame myself because... and I tell you.

When I was a JW, I could totally blow you out of the water with the things I knew.

But, oddly enough. If the NEW ME would debate the OLD ME... I would Kick the Old Me's Ass.

I guess ultimately you're responsible for yourself.

And I don't even blame those "A-hole elders" who just basically SCREWED ME over a barrel.

I think it's just part of THEIR system of thing.

Anyway, any thoughts???

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I dont blame myself anymore, as I didnt have a choice to be born into this religion. I never got baptized and I thank God for that. I blame both my Dad and the Society. I blame the society for never having a normal father-son relationship, and I blame my father for believing their crap. I used to take it very hard that i was born into this religion, and even thought maybe I was accursed or 2nd class for being a JW, But now I realize that sometimes children are born and raised in certain situations and have little control over it, I no longer beat myself up over this. I think the only thing positive out of being raised a Jw is the fact that I love to expose hypocrites and con artists, whether they be sneaky telemarketers or religious frauds.

Dave

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

several times while I was preaching to people and seeing some progress in their eyes, I felt that I was telling them a cartoon rather than reality...and these nagging doubts were never told to them.... why? because I could be wrong and I did not want my doubts to effect their chance at finding "the truth"... I suspect that many are just as conflicted and confused while being a JW, including the GB.

there were times, many, which I felt that I would never make it...but if my life could be "USED" by God to save another it would still be worth the efforts... guilt is a strange and wonderful cure for happiness ...but pushes at you just the same.

as to blame... blame can only exist if there are real alternatives to reality...which of course there is not.

no one, not even a god has been given this power... no one can alter a single step that lead to the present moment....and its always the present moment...

the last event prior to this event happened about 10E-23 seconds ago...faster then any known ability to alter... according to many studies conducted since the 1960s, it takes 3/10th of a second for us to be conscious of what is going on around us... so reality is long gone when we become aware of it...and have no ability to alter what already took place... our reactions are largely reflexive and part of a great chain of internal events over which we have but the illusion of control.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Blame, in this context, is useless.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

As long as one views the situation in terms of personal blame, it will be a limited perspective. The issue is ignorance or being unconscious, and that view would actually point to being unconscious of the basic unit of persons in that view. You can blame others or yourself, but is there any light shed on why the person does what s/he does? That kind of view tends to assume it's just a given a particular person that does certain things, and that they're 'bad' in some way, which becomes the bottom line of any reasoning coming out of that view. Frankly this is quite simplistic and rather childish, but that doesn't prevent most of the world functioning under that consciousness.

When I say ignorance I don't mean it in any derogatory way, but simply in a descriptive sense - you're unconscious, you're blinded in a way. By framing the situation in terms of who to blame, you're already ruling out other perspectives which brings about a degree of ignorance. It assumes that something or a collection of attributes called persons is responsible, and really the whole thing revolves around this person called me that has been wronged in yet another framework, with another set of unconscious assumptions. Needless to say to have a wider perspective, seeing the big picture involves stepping out of the one called mine. But most people are waiting and trying to have their own picture workout, in some shape or form.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I find it silly to blame anyone. When I was small my parents did the best they could with the resources they knew or were given, and I played along.

Now that I'm older it's my time to act. I now choose to distance myself from this oppressive/controlling religion.

DY

• RR
    RR

I don't blame anyone. Unlike most, I enjoyed my years with the Society. I have no ill feelings. I see it as an experience that teh Lord led me to where I am through them.

• franklin J
    franklin J

confucious,

I agree with your thoughts. I do not blame anyone. Least of all my parents who rigourously raised me in the faith.

I have chalked it up to a life experience; one I do not want to repeat.

• Confucious
    Confucious

Franky J,

Can I call you Franky???

Thanks.

I mean, what it was - was - what it was.

My mom, who is not a Dub. (No one in my family is. And interestingly, makes it possible that disfellowshiping has no power over me).

But my mom to told me, "You got dupped. So just move on."

So I'm trying to do that, but the forums like this really help me, you know???

Con.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I blame them for being bare faced liars, deceitful, esoteric, destructive and vile towards family life.

I blame myself for believing them and letting them have such a huge impact on my mind.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit