Double Death

by Yerusalyim 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Some of you will recall I posted about my step son's grand father dying over the weekend...and Barry coming up here anyhow...Barry went home Tuesday morning...only to find out his grandmother had died Tuesday. The memorial service for both grandparents is Tomorrow, the internment (no funeral) is Saturday. That no funeral thing is wierd.

• Valis
    Valis

man that sucks Yeru...my condolances to your fam.

Travis

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Thanks Valis, not my parents though, they are the wife's ex husbands parents. I'd met them both...liked her, but not him...seems EVERYONE feels that way. My step son Sean was close to both...when he found out...he went back to video games...didn't even ask about going home for the funeral...his choice.

• Mulan
    Mulan

That is so sad. I am very sorry. No funeral makes it easier I think.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

((((((Yeru)))))How sad I'm sorry

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

That's so sad, Yeru. My Father-in-law died in 1997, and he specifically said that he didn't WANT a funeral of any type. He said any money that we would have spent on plane tickets and/or flowers----to go tip a few in his memory and focus on all the laughs we shared. He was a funny man and we DID have many fond memories to share.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Thanks all...I'm not a bit suprised they died so close together...her only function in life was taking care of him...romantic in some ways I guess...but if you got to know the guy...really just sad.

• Celtic
    Celtic

Yeru, I know, may prayers be with all the family affected. You take care mate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit