Why can't JW's eat from street vendors?

by TresHappy 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

Think of the conventions as a summer memorial, and think of the street vendors as the emblems. Now, just don't partake . . . . . again.

• berten
    berten

>Why can't JW's eat from street vendors?

Because that would be cannibalism.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

My brother is attending the assembly in Ft Worth with our mom. Yesterday he asked someone about the food arrangement (lack thereof). He was essentially told that it was a "loving provision" that they all BYOG(rub). Will the gullibility never end?

Can't wait to hear about what he's learning at today's sorrowful joyful event. Better him than me!! ...although, the thought did cross my mind to do a little photo recon and see who might be sneaking away for a BigMac. "Brother, that looks like special sauce on your chin. I think you'd better accompany us to the back room."

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

think I'll work on a whole set collect them all.

CT Pez - a rainbow of candied treats.
    Judge Pez - one flavor only and you damn well better eat them all.
    Freddy Pez - not sure just what flavor they are. lot's of specualtion about it too.
    Jaracz Pez - really, really bland. save money by not sweetening.

• laurelin
    laurelin

We used to have a fruit stall when they still had food. The amount of time and effort that went into running that stall was horrendous. The football stadium we always used (and still do) never provided their own vendors, instead they used to hire out the use of the food areas for us to use instead.

Outside the actual grounds food vendors used to park (loads of them) and we were always encouraged to use the food arrangements inside (some still went to them anyway) and it could be annoying from a purely selfish point of view. We'd worked out butts off to provide food and there would be some of the brothers etc wandering around with half cooked bacon butties (back in the days when Health and Safety standards were not hot in this country!).

However, when the food arrangement stopped (what relief!) we were only discouraged from using the vendors during the session times. (Which is understandable from the brothers on the platforms point of view). As for using the vendors these days, they do a roaring trade whenever we have a convention and one of them this year told us that that they much prefer selling to the witnesses than football fans as they don't have hours of clearing up to do afterwards, they never get sworn at or accused of diddling in the change department and this particular vendor even had a witness come back to him with over change that he'd given (30p).

I don't know what other convention sites are like but I know ours works well with the vendors and they now do a mean bacon buttie with onions and sauce.

• Stephanus
  • Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Thanks Stephanus I love it.I have done off/on 20 years of picket duty.

Now I picket 24/7 in cyberland.POSTERS AND FAVORITE SIGNS Sign of the times

"Detox" Joe Rutherford exploits child labor (and everybody else)

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

• avengers
    avengers

I eat what I want and where I want and when I want.

No WT is gonna tell me what to eat and where to eat.

Damn! Get real.

• Think About It
    Think About It

I've been out since 95' and never attended an assembly with these silly food arrangements. Sounds like when you go to an assembly nowdays you carry your bookbag in one hand and lunch box in the other. So much for your drink staying cold, unless you froze it beforehand.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit