JWs are boxing their hobbies

by ezekiel3 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Smoldering Wick
  • minimus
    minimus

So now JWs are encouraged to discontinue their hobbies since doing ANYTHING can make Witnesses not put the "kingdom" interests ($$$) first.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Better yet, lets make a sling shot and pelt the jw's that go from door to door on Saturday mornings

Hey... Thats the best idea in a long time....

• blobby
    blobby

I don't see what all the fuss is about??...... I've been full time pioneering for the last 14 years, apart from a 1 year spell when I broke my leg water sking ! ..........and if possible I always try to combine my pioneer work with my hobbies.

The PO & I play golf together after field service every Saturday, weather permitting and occasionally the CO will join too, I've managed to get my handicap down to 5 this year, with coaching from him. Trying to witness on the Golf course encourages the other golfers to be friendly too, everytime they see us coming, they now wave us through, which is really kind and upbuilding.

Hunting and fishing is great too because it helps me get really close to God's creature's. I always share my spoils with the poorer brothers and sister in the KH, many of them now like foxes.

I told the elders that I had to stop my monthly contributions for a short while so I could save for my new boat, they didn't say too much, but I was very surprised that I got such a good deal from the Accounts brother, he's so mean normally, he even gave me some old life jacket's too.

We're going bungy jumping next week for a local charity !

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I know a single middleaged sister who doesn't have much of a life--poor health--on medication for depression--little money--lives in a low income apt and her one outlet was doing hobbies. Not too long along she wrote me an email and told me she was boxing up and getting rid of most of her hobbies, so she could simplify her life, because she came to the realization that her hobbies weren't going to get her into the new system. This was about 4-5 months ago so I wonder if the hobby elimination program has been going on for a while now. She also told me how depressed she had been and was still switching around her medications to see if any of that would help. So I guess it's OK to take medication therapy for depression, but it's not OK to do hobbies that might be theraputic to a person who is depressed. Yeh, I can see their logic--hobbies cost money and take time away that could be better spent slaving for the Org. It's all very sad and sick...

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

My parents are like "Oh it's great that you can draw, but don't let it bring down your commitment to jehovah." Thought drawing was the devil for many years and have a huge lack of time that I could have been like the greatest artist in the world but no it's bad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit