Crisis of Conscience online or ebook?

by lookingnow25 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

I have no 'safe' way of reading a physical copy of this book really. But after flipping through a copy at the university library here I finally want to examine it. Is there a copy online anywhere, or someway that I can view it on my computer?

looking

• Valis
    Valis

looking, I don't think there is such a thing, but with Ray Franz getting up in age one would think that an ebook would be a good way to make sure it keeps getting distributed....I would think creating the ebook and a totally automated payment system would be easy enough to do.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• New Castles
    New Castles

I had the same issue, and looked high and low, but could not find anything online....I finally had to check it out and read it secretly...

• blondie
    blondie

Can you read it work? Is there a workmate that can keep the book in their desk or home? Is there a place you hang out where you can read it.

• Atilla
    Atilla

It so sad that people have to sneak around reading books, just like in Fahrenheit 451.

Wouldn't it be great if the WT shut down and the last book they printed before complete termination was Crisis of Conscience. I'm sure old Ray wouldn't mind.

• Farkel
    Farkel

looking,

: Is there a copy online anywhere, or someway that I can view it on my computer?

You cheapskate. You would take a dollar or two out of Ray Franz's hands because you are a lousy cheapskate and want to see all his labor and efforts for FREE? I spit on you.

Buy his book. It is his only source of income. You don't even deserve to read his book, you cheapskate loser. Spend less than fifteen bucks and buy it, and if you are unwilling to do that, I spit on you again. Otherwise, go back to the library and read it, you lazy cheapskate twit.

Farkel, disgusted CLASS

• GenericMan
    GenericMan

No need for name calling Farkel. Buying the book from the store can be really stressful. I remember when I bought my copy of CoC. I freaked out because the book was so thick making it almost impossible to hide. With ebooks, you can maintain your privacy. I'm sure Ray Franz would want it that way.

• blondie
    blondie

Do what I did then, buy it online from Commentary Press or Amazon and have it delivered to work or to a non-JW friend. I was an active JW then.

Blondie

• gumby
    gumby

Fark....take another Lithium ol'bud

I think Valis made a good point. If only brief exerpts and/or a Label of contents from COC were given, then spooked lurkers could take a peek at what the book contains and ORDER an online version......this might be a way to help Ray.....not hurt him. As Valis mentioned....revenue could be generated with an online version. Didn't Randy Watters have a similar set-up for one or some of his books......I don't remember for sure?

I personally shook like a leaf when I ordered mine from a christian book store.....scared shitless I'd be caught ordering it from some dub.....even though I knew no dub would be in a christian book store. When I did get my copy.....I hid it like a pack of smokes from my wife and had to sneak to read it. Sometimes we forget the horrible fear we had of getting caught reading apostate literature and facing a possible DFing.

Gumby

• Farkel
    Farkel

gumby,

The "lithium" comment was WAY out of line. You should know me better than that.

Our friend said:

: I have no 'safe' way of reading a physical copy of this book really. But after flipping through a copy at the university library here I finally want to examine it. Is there a copy online anywhere, or someway that I can view it on my computer?

It is not hard to tear his comments to shreds. He said there is no "safe" way to read COC. But in the very next sentence he said he "flipped through it" in the University library.

Tell us folks: how many dubs are "spies" in a "University library?" NONE. They are out washing windows and the super-star dubs are working on their GEDs. (Ninth grade education equivalancy)

Check out COC and read it, our friend. The dubs are busy washing windows and polishing floors. Hide it if you must, but don't WHINE because it isn't free. Some things are just so good, one must pay for them.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit