my non-JW girlfriend emailed my JW mom today

by doogie 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

Well said by Jessica.

• JT
    JT

but I want my parents to realize that their actions are affecting people thousands of miles away very negatively.

#####

please tell me this was not the goal of this email?

not to rain on your parade, but beyond making you feel good or your girlfriend feel good, such letters do little if anything to a jw, if anything it only REAFIRMS what the wt teaches- Heavy handed tactics are the worst thing one can do to a jw- they are conditioned to expect it all you have done is confirmed it.

the best way to address jw if they refuse to listen is to live a wonderful and happy life- for that goes against everything jw are taught-

as jw we were told that all who leave will find that thier life will be like in a hand basket to hell

success is always the best revenge- to them they see you all as pitiful people who want to get back into thier good graces- they will brag on district conventions how they REMAINED FAITHFUL to jah by towing the shunning line -

we all wish that there was some majical letter or email or phone call we can make and our family still in will say:

"o my goodnes john you were right the and FDS was so wrong'

that is fantasy- the best thing that one can do is educate themselves on how High Control groups work on its members to stay in line- this way instead of anger and frustration one will feel pity for anyone who has been mentally conditioned not to see that they have a loving son and wonderful future daugherinlaw and possible grandkids

i mean think about it for many years if a child said mom i got a chance to go to law school for free or be a doctor for free- the avg jw parent would not be proud to tell the CO such a thing- in fact they would be disappointed,

yet when you tell a NONJW this they can't believe it-

this is the type of warped value system that the wt has instilled in it's members and sad to say many of us here were in the same mindset to some degree or another

so we have first hand exp that this stuff is real- so don't go blowing them out of the wt, in almost all the cases i have seen heard or spoken to folks about THE DIRECT FRONTAL attack method is the least effective in terms of getting a jw to listen

just my 2

• Bryan
    Bryan

She's right in what she says, that's for sure.

I used to think it was too bad my girlfriend/wife... whom ever, didn't understand. Now I think it's too bad I understand and accept it. How can you understand this kind of hate? Why should a person have to accept it as "normal for them". Do we accept biggotry? 'Oh, thats okay. His friends have always avoided Jews. They think Jews are evil and God will kill them.' Makes no sense!

Bryan

• doogie
    doogie
    the best way to address jw if they refuse to listen is to live a wonderful and happy life- for that goes against everything jw are taught-

definitely, i agree 100%. like i said, if it were me that was feeling that way (which, to some extent i do...however, it's tempered with a certain amount of understanding...not 'sympathy', but definitely understanding), i wouldn't have written it that way...if at all (i probably woudn't have written it.).

but i'm not going to tell my girlfriend to censor her opinion just because of a possible/probable effect it will have on her audience. yes, i agree that it will probably just have a galvanizing effect on their faith, but i feel that that is beside the point. the point is she's being ignored and she has something to say about it.

thanks for the input though. i just wanted to let you know that i do technically agree with you.

• JT
    JT

i understand her writing, since she has never been IN- it goes against everything she has been raised to believe about treating folks who may disagree,

yet YOU AND I know that as jw were were taught to treat xjw like DIRT!!!!!!!!!!

SO i fully understand the difficult time she has in trying to comprehend why would a mother hate her son so much, esp since you aint a Crack Dealer or Pediphile- smile

But you and I know that after yrs of indoctrination this is what one gets when dealing with a believing jw

but you 2 will be just fine, just let her know you know why mom is this way-0 but it is hard for nonjw- when i would tell folks at work how we treated xjw they could not grasp the concept- OVER A BIRTHDAY, and your mom will not speak to you etc

this stuff blows them away-

but hang in there man you will be just fine

if you are every out in the WAsh dc area look me up 301-209-4629

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit