by Dogpatch 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Danny..... How did they get your IRA?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Danny..... How did they get your IRA?

Danny's reply;I gave it to them at age 30 [1989]

Via the now infamous,'Kingdom Hall bldg. fund' Rockland Massachusetts congregation account.

I had a warm glow inside that I had made a manifestation of my faith in the imminent fullfillment of Jehovah's Promise.

I was pure to the core[Luke 16:1-15].The elders and m.s.'s got wicked jealous...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Sorry to hear that Danny!

I caught on a little faster. They did not help me a bit during my total loss flooding of my house during Floyd 5 years ago!

• undercover
    undercover
    They did not help me a bit during my total loss flooding of my house during Floyd 5 years ago!

I hope this doesn't necessarily hi-jack the thread but the statement above reminded me of something. I read somewhere how the WTS came to the aid of natural disaster victims. Local brothers would donate materials and labor, the WTS would (if I remember correctly) use some Building Fund money to help but in the end a letter of a "suggested donation" would be presented to the JW homeowner. The letter would state something to the effect of how much time and material it cost to repair the home and it would be fitting to make a donation to the WTS in appreciation. Can anyone verify that this happened or clarify how it did happen?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

On the day after the flood some brothers passed by, and gave me the "oooh oooh aaaah aaah". I did not hear from them

until 1 month later when they asked me "when are you coming back to the meetings, you're a MS and the people are talking".

No announcement was made, no help. Better yet, my mother lost all her belongings, and when she went to my sisters' house with just her bare essentials, you figure someone would donate some clothes? NAH NAH NAH

Hypocrites.... The national guard helped me, the red cross helped me, the local christian church was giving free lunches, but where were the J.W's?

Hey, this was floyd! Close to a 1,000 families were affected in the New York/NJ area

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit