who owns Kingdom Halls?

by Dogpatch 34 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I can only speak for the congregations in my area of the US. Each state and country has different laws. I just know that since 2002 (2 years after the change in corporations) the information I provided above was valid...no change in the local congregation's corporate status per my husband who updated the corporation papers for an anticipated sale of property that did not go through. Interestingly, the WTS and the local congregation had a difference of opinion of when the sale would go through and how the proceeds would be disbursed. The local congregation prevailed which indicates to me that legally the WTS could not pressure them to sell or sell it out from under then as the "true" owner.

Blondie

• RR
    RR

The Last Kingdom Hall I attended was recently sold, and it's "Jesus the Healer Church". The money was sent to the Society, now the Congregation mets at the Stanley Theater in Jersey City.

Does that make any sense????

RR

• sf
    sf
    who cares lol

I agree!

sKally

• NWT@Cutlip.Org
    [email protected]

It sounds like in the (admitedly highly unlikely) event that all the local corporation officers decided to convert to another religion, they could take the building with them. Right?

I heard of something like that happening 20 years ago in Tyler, Texas area. I'm pretty sure this one is true. I once talked to David Bercot who was attorney for the local group.

Also I heard that a couple of decades prior to that JW congregation in Australia became SDA ... but I don't know if they got to keep the building. In fact the second may just be a rumor. I do know that Australian SDA Pastor E.B. "Bruce" Price claims to have baptized more than 200 JW into the SDA church.

• gcc2k
    gcc2k

The original steps listed: 1. The congregations donate their labor to build the hall! 2. They borrow the money from the Society which they actually contributed! 3. The Society charges them interest on the money! 4. When the loan is paid off, The Society owns the building? You forgot: 5. When the hall needs renovation, the congregation sinks more time and money into the building. 6. When the hall is deemed too small and/or not worth renovating, they sell it (usually to Babylon the Great). 7. They find and purchase a piece of land (see 2. above). 8. See 1. above.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall
    2029 Broadway
    Bangor, ME 04401
    (207) 942-4104

Get driving directions to this location: Start Location
    N
    W E
    S Zoom Out Zoom In

Web pages related to this location:

The Story of Danny Haszard
    ... Danny's caravan. witness with the truck... or without!
    more pictures of my signs, etc. (click to enlarge). ...
    http://www.dannyhaszard.com/haszard.htm - Cached CLICK ME! Look who already owns the search engine index for "Jehovah's Witnesses Bangor Maine.

Today Bangor Maine tommorow the world.....

• qwerty
    qwerty

Outaservice and Gumby!

Now, let me see if I got this straight....

1. The congregations donate their labor to build the hall!

2. They borrow the money from the Society which they actually contributed!

3. The Society charges them interest on the money!

4. When the loan is paid off, The Society owns the building?

And they're worried about the crooked TV Evangelists?

Outaservice

Priceless! Gumby

They are brainwashed that just proves it!

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

SWEETHEART DEAL Magic Wand Fairy Danny sez: The WT$ fairy follows the money trail and sprinkles the "new light" fairy dust along the path. Click the 'ca$h cow' learn more about WT$ creed of greed: MOOOoooooo, WT$ 'cash cows'. click me $ 200 BILLION in real estate a$$ets NO TAXES and not even one soup kitchen or food charity for the poor.danny10.jpg (37877 bytes) click to enlarge poster "watchtower ripoff racket

Where did my money go???

Most of it was Swindled by the $ociety . As donations to the kingdom hall building fund, I mean megabucks. I made a Lot of money working 20 years in the construction trade unions.[since 1972]

I find out post-exit, that the K-Hall building "Slush fund" is just another Watchtower ripoff racket. They get the monies from donors like me. They loan the money.

AT INTEREST.

to the congregations, THEN THE IVORY TOWER HOLDS THE TITLE TO THE HALL!! What a sweetheart deal.

I gave All my 'disposable income' to the WT$,the only reason I'am not broke and homeless today.Is because I'am living off my Union pension and my disability social security.

The WT$ wasn't able to swindle me out of my pension money only because they couldn't get at it.They did get all of my annuity IRA savings.

[excerpt: Letter to Editor
    re: JWS
    The building of a Kingdom Hall ?quick-build? is impressive, but many Witnesses and outsiders do not realize that this is also makes for clever economics. Few people except the religious will devote free time to putting up a building, but Witnesses can do it, and since non-baptized helpers are always present, it affords those reluctant to go door-to-door additional opportunities to ?get their monthly time in,? as is required to be considered a Jehovah?s Witness.

The local Witnesses benefit, since it cuts the cost of their loan from the Watchtower Society to get the land, and the Watchtower benefits, not only from the publicity but they also now own more property and buildings (No, the local Witnesses will never own it.). The Watchtower is big money, being one of the top 40 New York City Corporations making nearly one billion dollars a year. That?s just from one of their many corporations. ]

Undaunted Danny, "official" WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY WHISTLE BLOWER

alt

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Patrick LaFranca (the pres of the Christian Cong of JW's) does talks at my District Assy

Seems like quite a monkey suit with a twang in his voice

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

As a Congragations Accountant I have to have 2 signatures from those elders to write a check.

Also, no accounting paperwork gets handed to goverment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit