Friggin Uge Catfish!!!

by Valis 29 Replies latest social physical

• Valis
    Valis

You know they say everything really is bigger in Texas...eheh This catfish was caught at Lake Texoma..a new state record at 140 lbs. Just thought I would share for my fellow anglers and anglerettes out there in XJWland. eheh that's quite a lot of fish and chips innit? ....Have a good day everyone.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Are you sure the fish is that big?

Maybe the 2 guys are just runts.

Walter

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Dang Travis, thats one helluva catch.

Would be a heck of a fish fry accept catfish always tastes muddy to me.

What the heck were they using for bait, a vagrant? :)

Thunder

• Valis
    Valis

eh Thunder...not sure what they used for bait...maybe a small dog that ran astray like it wasn't supposed to..ahem..eheh And ya I doubt they will eat that one..it will probably go to the Texas Freshwater Fishery.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• desib77
    desib77

Well, that just set me back a couple of years in getting over my phobia of fish.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Valis,

Is that real? How can they hold that thing in shallow water? Every catfish I have ever caught thrashes like the devil, I would think those guys would be getting pummeled.

btw, happy 10,000th post.

SD

• Special K
    Special K

My new kitten really likes fish..

BUT... Valis.. that Catfish.. is just SCARY!

Special K

p.s. I try to imagine my self swimming in a lake with my goggles on and coming face to face with that. Now that is a nightmare in the making.

• Valis
    Valis

eh Sirius...yes very real..divers report even bigger fish...but they aren't so easily caught...they have also been know to pull john boats under water..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Urban Legends (SNOPES) says:

The photograph is a real one, and the fish pictured may actually weigh close to 140 pounds , but the picture wasn't taken at Lake Texoma (and the fish shown isn't a blue catfish). It's a photograph taken out of context from a French web site devoted to catfish angling and circulated with a fictional explanation, created a mixed bag of "real photo, inaccurate description."
  • Lehaa
    Lehaa

Ok that's enormous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit