I'm so damn over it

by logansrun 16 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

Folks,

Well, I'm done with the whole Witness thing. I've had my catharsis and have noticed the JWs slowly fading from my consciousness. There's nothing left for me say about them.

In a way, I'm glad it's worked out this way. I'm happy I was once a Jehovah's Witness. You see, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have conquered them. I have come to believe an evil overcome is better than not having overcome an evil because of it's non-existence. Like a person born blind and deaf who learns how to play the piano, I have overcome the defect I was born into. Any growth for me lies in the future, not the past. For me, the Watchtower is dead. I killed it. Rest in peace.

I need to go cultivate my garden.

Bradley

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Congratulations.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Some relationship breakups don't take the first time. This could just be a spat

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I thought this thread was going to be about sex! lol

• logansrun
    logansrun

confusedjw,

I left the JWs two years ago. I was doubting for two years previous to that. I've been "over" the JWs many times. Each time I get closer to being truly "over" it.

Sure, memories and ideas will always be there. Just like the memory I have of the bully who picked on me in sixth grade. Does he affect me now? Hell no.

I'm at a new level. Basically, the JWs don't exist anymore.

B.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Quit 'Beating around the bush' Bradley, just tell us how you feel!

Congratulations,

Outaservice

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Congrats...Wish I could be there, it's better but it has only been since Feb that I really broke out. Hope you can stick around and give us some further insights as to how you got so damn over it.

Love,

Cybs

• logansrun
    logansrun
    Hope you can stick around and give us some further insights as to how you got so damn over it.

Read widely, read often. Develop fortitude. Be ruthless with yourself (and others) if you need to. Develop a hobby. Exercise. Have tons of mind-blowing sex with Logansrun (hot women only).

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    (hot women only).

*damn* guess i will get back to cooking.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Yeah, Stephanie, I too thought this was a thread about dating and/or sexual matters. Hence my great disappointment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit