lost and alone

by black ghost 19 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Welcome, you are not alone, before you know it you will have real friends just like you have found here. Lost? no you were lost being a jw now your life can begin. Leaving a cult is the hardest move to make in a persons life and you have done it,going to college you will meet many friends and not have to be selective,it will be your choice.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Blackghost:

You're defiantely not alone. There's thousands of us out there who have gone though so many new realizations after leaving the little village of the watchtower. And when we realize the time that was lost, the opportunities, the love that we missed, it can sometimes seem overbearing. But you're not alone in that. And though there may be no true silver lining ot the cloud, I have found, that I have lived far more vibrantly then if I had lived a mundane life of not-knowing. We've already done our shift in purgatory and came back to tell the tell. Freedom and our own aspirations will always be treasured more by us, this way.

Welcome to the board

Gita

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Felt the same way at one time. Going to school will help.

Hang in there. It gets much better as time passes.

DY

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Blackghost:

Know exactly how you feel, still feel it all the time. The Borg drums that into us from birth.

Just hang around here for a while and you'll get all the help you need.

Welcome to the board.

Lehaa.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

What you are suffering from is PTWS

Post Traumatic Witness Syndrome...

it really does get better with time, but ONLY if you make a new life for yourself...new friends, get some life goals...sound like you are well on your way since you are going to school.

And remember to make the MOST of your life...whether to you that means trying to save the world, or just remembering to stop and enjoy the little things in life.

Hang in there....you will be able to trust non JWs, you will be able to reach a point where you do not feel guilty about doing normal things.

• NWT@Cutlip.Org
    [email protected]

Hi black ghost,

Excuse me for jumping in. I was never a JW. I grew up more or less like your typical American, practicing pagan until about my 16th birthday. Then I made a wonderful discovery. God really did love me.

I'm relatively new to this forum. So I don't really know who is wondering around, or what they are saying. In my not-so humble opinion several folks gave you pieces of good advice here.

Taking classes and learning ("life-long learning") usually has many more pluses than minuses. I've learned a great deal in life on my own, but I've also picked up a few scraps of paper with degrees on them while I was at it. Experiment. If you have always wanted to play a musical instrument. Take lessons. You can always quit. You may become a professional. Ever wonder what it would be like to be a bounty hunter? What about collecting? Coins, stamps, comics. (I collect different Bible translations! And, I read them!) Wh at about tennis? Volleyball? Or, whatever sport you missed in high school. Someone, somewhere will give you lessons. Experiment.

Don't neglect the spiritual side of life. I've never watched the X-Files, but I understand their slogan is: "The Truth is out there!" I concur. In fact, I'm convinced the Lord Jesus Christ is the Truth. You may not share that conviction. And, if not, I think I understand why -- at least, in part. The WT can really burn people out on religion. Forget religion. Think (once in a while) about God. Pray too. David said, "I poured out my complaint before him." If you are tired of God, he knows it. You might just as well tell him so. I may be getting preachy now (forgive me?). Get a Bible not published by the WT and read some Psalms. The guys that wrote some of those Psalms were, at times, none too nice in telling God how lost and alone they were.

Think about maybe going to church with some friends. I am not saying that one church is as good as another. However, I do believe that those who diligently search for God, find him. "In fact, he is not distant from each one of us," Paul told the Athenians. Most Christians align themselves with one religion or another. So, you can expect to find some of them in churches. Personally, I rarely attend church. More or less, I consider myself religion free. However, I am not free from God. I read Scrilpture. I pray. I associate with the other saints. I even engage in missions (field service -- just ain't got anywhere to turn in my slips!).

Missions. That's the other thing I wanted to mention and almost forgot. Volunteer. Helping others does wonders for you. Go to the YMCA and teach kids to read. Go to Habitat for Humanity and build a house for someone else. Go to a soup kitchen and dish out food to the homeless once a week. All kinds of good causes are looking for volunteers. Find something that fits you. Do it. Tell them Jesus sent you!

Jesus is L ORD !

• Sassy
    Sassy

Hi Black Ghost. What you are feeling is very very normal! We really can relate and have been there. It will get easier with time. Each day we let go more and because closer to 'normal' outside the JW box...

Welcome to the board!

• Flash
    Flash

Hello and Welcome Black Ghost!

can i reclaim my time?

No, but you since your 26 you've cut your losses early!

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Me thinks you should date an American, that will bring you up to speed

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Welcome black ghost! One thing to bear in mind, is life is long. You are young still, and have so much life ahead of you, a life that is now yours to do with as YOU see fit. I am so happy for you! Revel in the bliss of owning your heart and mind completely, realize the largeness of this world, and most of all, do everything in your power to live for you. I wish you the best of luck in your new adventure, and hopefully you will stick around and let us in on your journey. ((((hugs))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit