Letter to JW-Inlaws

by catlady 13 Replies latest jw friends

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

A letter like that would scare the bejezus out of most of the JWs I know.

Good luck, Catlady. I'm sorry you and your partner have been put in this situation by these synthetic Christians.

Country

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well done! A well framed letter.

On a negative note, I wouldn't hope that this'll rectify matters, but it's worth the try.

Of course, whilst ever we indulge in this, we're actually playing their games. I'm not saying don't, but I believe you just have to walk away knowing that "they" will say the vilest lies about you - it's just part of them being in a cult. Really, they have to say those things to validate their own beliefs.

Kind regards to you and Breaker. Give us a call when you can.

Cheers, Ozzie

• catlady
    catlady

Thank you for the feedback so far, this is a very difficult situation for me & it's hard to know what to do.

Panda, about Satan etc, LOL, it is nuts how they go on about that stuff but they have referred to me as the Agent of the Devil since day 1 so my cover was blown a while back!

Background: 'Jane' left 'Tom' for another dub, received a slap over the wrist, that relationship didn't work out but she didn't want to be with Tom anymore. Jane took the kids, got a seperate house & sent an email in Dec 2003 informing him of intent to divorce. Tom set up a new house & we met. Tom's sister drove past his house one morning, saw my car there, found out about us, dobbed him into elders & he got df'd. Tom had been a dub since birth. He went through all that crappy time of being out but realised he was a lot happier. It was difficult because all his friends & family are Borg.

Over the past couple of months it has slowly been implied within the family that I broke up the marriage. Now it has extended into the community as Tom is in the same industry (construction) as his father-in-law & this man has been telling others this version of events. Jane had admitted to the affair, in front of her parents, to Tom so he knows the truth. This is making things awkward for Tom with business &, as I mentioned earlier, with the kids (7 & 9). They recently asked him about it whereas up to now they had been upset with their Mum for leaving their Dad.

I thought that if I sent this out as only defending myself, not Tom, that it will assist both of us. They can't abuse him about it because he can claim that he didn't know (I'm happy for him to do that). If it doesn't work I'd go to a solicitor to get a formal letter - as has been suggested in this thread. It is difficult to prove slander but I was going to copy this letter to every family member as well as head Watchtower office in Aust, head regional elder & head local elder, along with a letter saying, I'm disappointed that JW's are behaving like this! I may as well use their own f*** up religion against them! Ultimately I think this is what will stop them continuing with this garbage - they don't care about the law but they're terrified of the elders.

• catlady
    catlady

PS I'm not some delicate flower who can't handle people talking about her - that's what people do & I accept that. I think it sucks when it's not true but hey, we're all guilty of a bit of gossip now & then. This is just the proverbial 'last straw'. I have put up with so much from these people, from torrents of abuse on the phone from his sister to police being called to our home when the wife decided to report my partner for hitting her (he didn't but she did).

I'm at that point now where enough is enough, it's never going to the Cosby's with these people so I just want to tell them to back off. This is just a good opportunity to do that because it is something reasonably concrete. I can't really write & say stop being mean to me but I can talk about slander.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit