i think i'm screwed

by georgefoster 13 Replies latest social relationships

• Farkel
    Farkel

: We don't love each other anymore. I feel bad for the kids, because its not their fault. I don't know what to do.

Get out, then. If you don't love each other, nothing else matters. What I'm curious about and what you have not stated is: did you lose your love for her (and her for you) because she became an active JW, or is there another reason? This is a rhetorical question. I find it nearly impossible to believe that someone would lose love for someone because that someone merely become active again in a religion. Even a religion as dangerous as the Watchtower religion.

There have to be other reasons that you need to examine.

Farkel

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

You might want to sit in on her "studies" with the children. This way you could at least monitor what she is teaching them and provide a more realistic viewpoint

• mustang
    mustang

Hmm, yes, the diary is a good idea!!!

For the kids: THEY are giving you the classic JW guilt trip. You could LOGICALLY ask them why they are not honoring their father: is this not a part of the biblical command? My father for over 30 years of STALKING me after I left the KH quoted "honoring your father was the first command with a promise".

ASK POINTED QUESTIONS!!!! And you might sit in on this Bible Study and see what is happening. Go lightly and quietly at first. If you INSIST that you are the "Head of the House" your wife will have little choice. Make her explain why she is defying "Jehovah's order and provision of things" if she balks.

Watch out for the LOGICAL FLAWS; Farkel recently published a "dictionary" of most of these; check his posts of this week.

BTW, JW's are the most decadent in a sense of being spoiled and ill mannered of any that you can find: They care not a whit for what they say or do means, they only care that they get their way.

If a child is old enough to participate in the psychological warfare, they are old enough to get it back!!!

When the wife objects, point out that this is low and dirty pool, but who taught them that.

BTW, as someone said, use the "Head of the House" and PROVIDER thing to the MAX. Place emphasis on that PROVIDER.

Mustang

PS My advice is perhaps rough, though you are in a rough position. GO SLOWLY & speak only with care and deliberation!!!

• Fed Up
    Fed Up

I think most of the others here have given you some good ideas.

I also think that since your wife quit her job, she's got too much free time on her hands and the JWs are taking advantage of that fact. In essense, you are working your ass off to support and enable the Jehovah Witness Organization so they can exploit your wife and divert her from your marriage--and by her not having to work, you are actually HELPING her to continue this behavior!

Being as she is not using her free time in the manner, or spirit intended or AGREED to, as Head of YOUR Household, I think you should INSIST she return to work, full-time. If she says "no", wouldn't that be disrespecting her marriage vows and your status as Head of the Household? And shouldn't she be subject to being DISFELLOWSHIPPED for that? Yeah, I think so! I'd bring that point up to the elders there! And if they ignore that (which I'm sure they will) then it only proves they are going against the requirements of their OWN religious beliefs, proving their own hypocriscy!

Of course, if you DO decide to get a divorce, she'll probably HAVE to go back to work, and that would probably also solve the problem!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit